• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

500 space 3000 gb bandwidth

Brianfast

You must have a TLD. If you do not know what a TLD is then there is no chance I will even CONSIDER hosting you.

Only requirement is that you get 100 UNIQUE hits on a page that has my small ad on it a month.

Fxhost.us

Post here if interested. No PMs will be considered

Last edited:
imwudi said:
What?
zpeak.com is not a TLD?
that's funny!
I don't understand why half of the (now deleted) posts in this thread don't understand what a TLD is. zpeak.com is not a TLD. Check out the definition if you don't believe me. At any rate, this host will only give you free webhosting if you own .com or another TLD.

hi, i don't good at english, icann't understand the wiki
please tell me what's TLD in simple words ,ok?
thx

A TLD is something like .com or .net or .uk. It's the last part of a domain name. freewebspace.net is a domain under the .net TLD.

So how do you figure zpeak.com doesn't fall under a TLD like .com or .net? :S

TLD-Top Level Domain

As in .com, .net

Not as in geocities.com/myfreewebsite

Or somefreewebspace.com/not_a_top_level_domain

If you someone else owns it, its probably not a TLD

If you own, under your name, it is probably a TLD

zpeak.com is registered under a TLD. It's not a TLD itself. .com is the TLD. zpeak.com is a second-level domain UNDER that TLD. Every single domain on the internet is under a TLD. For example, user.freewebhost.com is under the .com TLD, but it's a third-level domain.

In this case, according to the original poster, you have to have the TLD yourself (e.g., you have to control the DNS for a country and its country code domain, or something along those lines) to get the free hosting. Having some second-level domain under a TLD is not the same as having your own TLD. As the original post says, "You must have a TLD". I can't imagine anyone that owns their own TLD needing free hosting, but ok...

By the way, my guess is that the original poster meant to say that you have to own your own domain to get his hosting. But since he was so adamant about how he won't even consider hosting you if you don't know what a TLD is, then we have to assume that he himself knows what a TLD is, and he really meant that you need to have your own TLD.

This guys a joke.
If you go in the free hosting request forum, theres a post asking for a free reseller, and in there he said that he wasn't new on here, even though he joined in august and made 7 posts and that no one in there right mind would give free resellers even though lodes of people on here do.
But anyway, thats my rant over, and i'm assuming that brianfast means 3000 mb not gb, and fi so, 3 gb is not enough for 500 mb space.

BEN-MR

fskof said:
zpeak.com is registered under a TLD. It's not a TLD itself. .com is the TLD. zpeak.com is a second-level domain UNDER that TLD. Every single domain on the internet is under a TLD. For example, user.freewebhost.com is under the .com TLD, but it's a third-level domain.

In this case, according to the original poster, you have to have the TLD yourself (e.g., you have to control the DNS for a country and its country code domain, or something along those lines) to get the free hosting. Having some second-level domain under a TLD is not the same as having your own TLD. As the original post says, "You must have a TLD". I can't imagine anyone that owns their own TLD needing free hosting, but ok...

you are correct. ".com" is the TLD. you.com is a SLD (Second Level Domain), and you.you.com is third level domain.

Well the whole thing is for any domain to be considered TLD than you need to tell the host who is making the offer you have a .COM, .INFO,.ORG, .NET. Is basically what your saying. I believe the guy was asking for any domains that end in TLD such as you.com ends in TLD, microsoft.com ends in a TLD and so on. So in fact ZSPEAK.COM does qualify as it is registered under a TLD. (.com)

Regards

Romeo18 said:
Well the whole thing is for any domain to be considered TLD than you need to tell the host who is making the offer you have a .COM, .INFO,.ORG, .NET. Is basically what your saying. I believe the guy was asking for any domains that end in TLD such as you.com ends in TLD, microsoft.com ends in a TLD and so on. So in fact ZSPEAK.COM does qualify as it is registered under a TLD. (.com)
But every domain is under a TLD. It's not just .com, .info, .org, or .net. Every domain on the Internet is under a TLD of some type. .tk is a TLD, .cc is a TLD, etc.

Sorry about this but I meant 500 mb space 3000 mb bandwidth. Sorry for the confusision my bad. And having a TLD means you own a dot.com.

Back