• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

80G Spaces, 600G+/mo

i hope you are not joking 600g per month ????
and 80g space ? that's not just a professional package a normal host could have. (minus those unlimited BW and space stated by those hosts)

600 gb bandwidth, you may be able to push it up from 400 gb with rackshack.

As far 80gb HD goes, you will have to get 2 - 40gb raided, because i haven't seen a 80gb so far. This plan is $169 at rackshack and it comes with 1 gb ram.

http://rackshack.net/bargain.asp

White Box Linux-Plesk - 2/40GB HD - 1GB RAM $169

or

White Box Linux-Ensim - 2/40GB HD - 1GB RAM $149

Actually, RS is supposed to be releasing some P4 specials that come with 600 GIGS a month in the next 24 hours. Don't know if they will go through with it.

Otherwise, the best solution would probably be to get 2 servers from eservers. That would also give you some redundancy in case of hardware failure.

Would also help if you stated your budget.

Originally posted by Tazzman
Actually, RS is supposed to be releasing some P4 specials that come with 600 GIGS a month in the next 24 hours. Don't know if they will go through with it.

Otherwise, the best solution would probably be to get 2 servers from eservers. That would also give you some redundancy in case of hardware failure.

Would also help if you stated your budget.

They did that before :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Soujirou
i hope you are not joking 600g per month ????
and 80g space ? that's not just a professional package a normal host could have. (minus those unlimited BW and space stated by those hosts)

Many hosts can offer that no problem :)

Another good Idea would be to ask for a custom qoute. GO to www.webhostingtalk.com and ask your question in the "webhosting requests forum" I dont like to lead people away from these forums, but there you will get some genuine helpl, and maybe some better deals.

about HDD space- at eservers.biz you can get an extra 60Gb HDD for $125

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
Raid 0 = like Raid 1
Umm... no. Raid 0 (striping) is absolutely nothing like Raid 1 (mirroring).

Raid 1, like you said, mirrors files to a second identical drive incase one fails. Raid 0 on the other hand, just takes two identical drives and combines them to one large drive and thereby increasing speed and performance, but also lessens reliability.

Raid 10 would be the best setup but also very costly.

thanks everybody give me help!

hmm...
if i don't use program to limited the BW.
i think the BW will over 1000G.
our current host provider need pay $0.9/GB BW.
and base fee is $325.
this mouth i need pay $600+.faint...
where can get cheap BW and big space HOST?
i just need put contents into there...

Well, get an unmetered 10 MBIT Cogent port somewhere. Should come to something in the region of $400 a month, maybe even less. Would mean you could safely transfer 3 TB a month and not be charged for overages. Don't be affraid to use Cogent, that's probably the only affordable way to go anyway. I'm not saying Cogent is as good as tier 1 bandwidth, but if you take the price into the calculations, nothing beats Cogent, absolutely nothing (TM rackshack.net) ;)

a dedicated 10Mbit port may or may not not be a good way to go: While you could safely transfer 3TB of data, you could not burst above 10Mbit. I have an adult site, and at times the traffic bursts to 16Mbit. I didn't come close to using 3 TB of transfer either. You may even get in trouble for using the whole port. maybe not, but maybe so.

On a side note: I'm not sure how big macdem's adult site is, or how many uniques a day he gets.

My traffic stats for early last week

That may or may not be good to base your bandwidth needs on. your site is probably larger than mine :)

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

Raid 5 = Uses the best drive

Seeing as how no one else seems to have pointed this out yet....

Raid 5 uses multiple disks, and for each sector written it stripes across the disks except for one disk which it uses as a checksum. Then on the next sector it does the same but uses a different disk for the checksum. This way if any one of the drives breaks down it recovers by using the checksums to rescue the missing data, which it then shares out between the remianing drives.

Originally posted by amatsoukas
why dont you try fdcservers.net

They have unmetered bandwidth and pretty good prices.

They also allow adult sites

I have a server there, and though it's unmetered, they will only guarentee a 2 MBIT or 3 MBIT monthly avarage. Also, as many other fdc clients have found out, the connection can be slow one way (either incoming or outgoing) at times, so I don't know how suitable this would be for a large adult site seeking to be 100% reliable and wanting to make a profit...

Back