• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A free host for sale

Erizo

Muffin
NLC
Well... this is it. My free host is for sale.

Reason? I want to give everything possible to the school, so i don't think i'll have enough time to take care of it. It has been heavily developed, by me. Bassed of Post2Host, using IPB with it.

Here are more details:

The sale includes two licenses of Invision Power Board. One is being used on the host, and the other one as a backup in case of need, as both licenses are on the same account. They have expired (no access to support and upgrades), but they are on the old pricing plan, meaning you just have to pay 25$ USD e/o to access support and upgrades. Otherwise, you can just continue without support and upgrades, but remember that new licenses cost a lot. This deal is for pretty cheap :p

The site has 845 this month (01 january to 22 january statistics), on november it had 1953 unique visitors, but dropped down on december due to the unexpected server transfer. The site has no big revenue, but it is in fact getting clicks of the google ads. The google ads are setup to show a post after the initial post of a new topic, but can be modified to show in more places.

There doesn't seem to be problems as of this time (support requests), all users seem to be happy and some of them are infact placing linkbacks on their sites to the host just because they like it. The site has been developed a lot and has modifications to the board (invision power board) to add new features, such as a forum virtual shop.

The domain has been recently transfered from yahoo domains to godaddy and extended one year, and it's now scheduled to expire on 2010-05-21.

A lot of users have been requested in fact paid hosting, but the host hasn't been able to offer this. According to THT, these are the Client Statistics:

Active Clients: 85
Suspended Clients: 21
The host has been setup to work in google apps to use the email support.

The low traffic statistics isn't due to something wrong with the site, instead of the lack of advertising because of me not having a lot of time nor a lot of experience to advertise it.

The host is using the latest version of TheHostingTool, a free cpanel client panel (lol).

Now, to the strong points:
The site currently has no stable revenue. The board has been modified to post google adsense after the first post of every topic. It of course has clicks, but not stable enough to get revenue.

Then, what makes the free host useful?
Well, it has a lot (and i really mean a lot) of potential, you don't have to do a lot of things to make it more popular, since it's been already well developed. A lot of users are advertising the site in their hosted sites without being forced to, because they simply love our service.

Of course, it has been well advertised, but you can do it better than me, i assure :p Search google for it. If you don't know what site is, i can PM you the URL :p :p

If the buyer wants it, i can assist on doubts/support/forums for 2 weeks after purchase, as well as install IPB modifications on the board.

I would love it if the buyer really has potential to continue the host, since, well, i would hate to see it go down.

Payment would be made via paypal, you can reply or PM me with any questions or offers, and i don't have any price i'm looking for. I'm open for offers.

I'll say again, i can give out any information you may need, such as traffic/posting/client statistics, just ask.

Domain age (approximately):
8 Months, 12 days..

Current Pagerank: PR 2

The total number of pages that contain links to:

Current AlexaRank: 1,176,567

Latest private offer: $50 USD

Thank you for looking! :evilb:

Last edited:
Ok, before I make my bid, I'd like to know the following;

What are the Plan Details?
Is the server included?
how much transfer does the largest free client use?
Name of the host, I see it is a post to host but what's it's name?
How many page views does the host main website receive per month?
How long has it been advertised and through whom?

[UW]Glenn;1052127 said:
What are the Plan Details?
Is the server included?
how much transfer does the largest free client use?
Name of the host, I see it is a post to host but what's it's name?
How many page views does the host main website receive per month?
How long has it been advertised and through whom?

Plan details, you can find them in the website i PMed you on :)
It is not a server, but a reseller, which you can keep for 16.99 a month on a reliable webhosting provider :)
It has been advertised ever since the birth of the host on simplemachines.org, freewebspace, freewebhostingtalk, msn, friends, some websites from users who are thankful to the host :)
The largest free client uses around 5 gb per month.
The number of visits per month ranged from 2000+ to 4000+, according last year.

Last edited:
Sent you a PM with the URL :)

Remember it includes 2 IPB licenses with the sale of the host :)

15000 MB Space
150000 MB Transfer
Unlimited everything else :D

[UW]Glenn, i have a private offer of $85 now.

I assume the URL is the one in your profile?

If so, do you have an email address? I have a few questions but would prefer to go through email rather than PM.

If it's not, then please PM me the URL. Thank you.

Latest Bid: $155 from a private user.

Volt.Networks, i have sent you a PM

The domain is included in the sale, will be pushed for free to your godaddy account :) Remember it has been added another year a few weeks ago ;)

The IPB licenses aren't allowed to be transferred, that's why i'm selling both licenses together. Buyer would get my account with both on them, as soon as you change the emails on the account, i won't have access to it in any form, so don't worry ;)

Last edited:
Latest private bid is $155 USD.

Bidding will end in 8 days, or 2 days without a higher bid.
BIN has been set at $280 USD.

Last edited:
Back