• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A hosting for a programming student.

Matheus

My friends, I'm a young boy looking forward a cool free host.
I want to install on WordPress, MediaWiki and MyBB. I'm need something reliable for posting my notes, and fast.

The requirements:
  • First of all, 99% uptime.
  • Fast providing.
  • Minimum of 10 GB for WebSpace
  • Minimum of 100 GB for Bandwidth
  • PHP
  • cPanel 11
  • Minimum of 10 MySQL databases.
  • Minimum of 10 Addon/Parked domains.

Since when does a student use a "minimum" of 10GB disk space?

All of my student files, including the work of my presentations, media, and other miscellaneous files never exceeded 4GB.
Please give us details on what you will be hosting.
A forum, blog, and wiki use no more than 250MB.

And what else will be on your site since Schmarvin summed it up. All of what you claim will be there isnt gonna sniff 10GB/100GB

To translate the OP: Can someone please oversell me 10Gb/100Gb so I feel special and can brag to my friends about it?

I can support your needs as well, however with the amount you require, there would have to be a charge involved. This is quite a large request that you're asking for free.

People seem to think these days since they're a "student" that they deserve things for free, or severely reduced price. First of all, your "student" status will mean nothing to large companies. Secondly, why can't your school provide you with the space needed to host your content? Afterall, you're paying THEM tuition so they need to provide you with the resources. And third, as it's already been pointed out above, why on Earth would you need 10GB unless you plan to host other content in this account as well?

People seem to think these days since they're a "student" that they deserve things for free, or severely reduced price. First of all, your "student" status will mean nothing to large companies. Secondly, why can't your school provide you with the space needed to host your content? Afterall, you're paying THEM tuition so they need to provide you with the resources. And third, as it's already been pointed out above, why on Earth would you need 10GB unless you plan to host other content in this account as well?

Harsh, but righteous!

What the hell are you gonna host that takes 10 GB space ? If you're making games, and you want to host demos then that's understandable, but you'd need to have minimum 2 mainstream-quality games to take up that much space!

And what guarantee can you give your clients, since you offer unlimited everything for all your plans?

Well for now we are trying to make a name for ourselves amung other competitors , every unlimited account will be unlimited and for life

Of course these plans are not gonna stay only until 1000 or so accounts but those who sign up for this promotion will stay like this , no hidden fees for them

At 1,000 clients you should be very busy helping them all and not count on being able to change much about the system at that point. That's not even 30 seconds per client in an 8 hour workday.

Unless you just mean 1,000 signups. In which case, you still have a eventual job of deciding who to clean off the server.

Unless of course, you don't plan to provide decent support, which most hosting providers don't. Of course you can also hire someone from negative cashflows, or expose your clients to a risky volunteer who may do anything if upset.

Well for now we are trying to make a name for ourselves amung other competitors , every unlimited account will be unlimited and for life

Of course these plans are not gonna stay only until 1000 or so accounts but those who sign up for this promotion will stay like this , no hidden fees for them

Well, I signed up for domain in your site but I am not able to open cpanel, neither I am able to do anything :(

Do you allow tv caps to be hosted ?

At 1,000 clients you should be very busy helping them all and not count on being able to change much about the system at that point. That's not even 30 seconds per client in an 8 hour workday.

Unless you just mean 1,000 signups. In which case, you still have a eventual job of deciding who to clean off the server.

Unless of course, you don't plan to provide decent support, which most hosting providers don't. Of course you can also hire someone from negative cashflows, or expose your clients to a risky volunteer who may do anything if upset.

Pessimism at its peak :sigh:

And that life seems short

Back