• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A infraction? Now come on.

Don't speculate what she might have meant. Jan is an admin, I would just accept it. I do not think a public outcry helps your cause.

Don't speculate what she might have meant. Jan is an admin, I would just accept it. I do not think a public outcry helps your cause.
No it doesn't but I didn't realise she was on holiday when I recieved no reply from a PM.

Rules are rules, and I try to follow every single one of them, but when they're pretty stupid, I raise an eybrow.

Also hamster, I like using the forum because it tells me how many downloads they have been.

The release folder, that isn't what I wan't. I don't just release the versions, I change versions without warning and the zips.
Rules are rules good job you learned second grade logic! Seriously it obviously isn't a stupid rule because its not to Jan and she is the BOSS!!!
So my whole system has to change because one strict rule on FWS? Ok then.
Or you can choose not to advertize on FWS its your choice!
No it doesn't but I didn't realise she was on holiday when I recieved no reply from a PM.

Well now you know say sorry and be nice!

I sent a PM to Jan asking why I got a infraction for simply advertising my script and I got no reply, so I'll make this public.
Patience :p

From your removed thread:
It's free did you say? Erm.. Totally. The Hosting Tool is released for completely free with no hidden payments at all. Just simply register on the forum and download the script. It would be nice if you took part in the community and let it expand for the benefit of your self and others, but no demands. All that we ask for is that you oblidge to the GNU GPL license it's released under. More details are bundled with the script.
You have had threads prior to this edited to the actual download link.

The rules are clear and apply to everyone.

Thanks for reply now Jan, sorry about posting it like this. I didn't know you was on holiday.

The statement was false, that was just copied and pasted off the website and doesn't actually need a registration.

rules said:
Public posts debating moderators' enforcement of the rules will be removed. Feedback about the rules and/or moderation should be sent in private to the moderators or through this form.
So shouldn't this thread be idk deleted?

This will help you Jonny ...

1) If you do have an .htaccess file in the root of thehostingtool.com with RewriteEngine On add the following code

Code:
RewriteRule ^latest/?$ /forum/index.php?download

Else if there's no .htaccess or no RewriteRule then create/add

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^latest/?$ /forum/index.php?download

2) Upload the following to /forum/inc/plugins/tht_latest.php

PHP:
<?php
function tht_latest_info()
{
	return array
	(
       	"name"        => "THT Latest",
       	"description" => "Friendly rewrite for latest release of THT",
       	"website"     => "http://interviolet.com",
       	"author"      => "Joe Watkins",
      		"authorsite"  => "http://interviolet.com",
       	"version"     => "0.1",
	);
}
function tht_latest_activate()
{
	global $db;

if( ( $result = $db->simple_select("settinggroups", "disporder", null, array(
		"order_by" => "disporder",
		"order_dir" => "desc",
		"limit" => 1
	) ) ) )
	{
		if( ( $top = $db->fetch_array( $result ) ) )
		{
			if( $db->insert_query("settinggroups", array
			(
				"name" => "latest",
				"title" => "Latest THT Download",
				"description" => "A plugin that provides a friendly rewritable link to download the latest version of THT",
				"disporder" => ++$top['disporder']
			)) )
			{
				if( ( $gid = $db->insert_id() ) )
				{
					$db->insert_query("settings", array
					(
						"name" => "latest",
						"title" => "Latest Download",
						"description" => "attachment id of latest download",
						"optionscode" => "text",
						"value" => "",
						"disporder" => 1,
						"gid" => $gid
					));
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
function tht_latest_deactivate()
{
	global $db;

if( ( $result = $db->simple_select("settinggroups", "gid", "name = 'latest'") ) )
	{
		if( ( $group = $db->fetch_array( $result ) ) )	
		{
			$db->delete_query("settings", "gid='{$group['gid']}'");
			$db->delete_query("settinggroups", "gid='{$group['gid']}'");
		}
	}
}
function tht_latest()
{
	global $db, $mybb, $plugins;

if( isset( $_GET['download'] ) )
	{
		if( ( $result = $db->simple_select("attachments", "*", "aid='{$mybb->settings['latest']}'") ) )
		{
			if( ( $attachment = $db->fetch_array( $result ) ) )
			{
				$db->update_query("attachments", array(
					"downloads" => $attachment['downloads']+1,
				), "aid='{$attachment['aid']}'");

set_time_limit(0);

if(strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']), "msie") !== false)
				{
					header("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=\"{$attachment['filename']}\"");
				}
				else
				{
					header("Content-disposition: inline; filename=\"{$attachment['filename']}\"");
				}

header("Content-type: {$attachment['filetype']}");
				header("Content-length: {$attachment['filesize']}");
				header("Content-range: bytes=0-".($attachment['filesize']-1)."/".$attachment['filesize']); 
				readfile($mybb->settings['uploadspath']."/".$attachment['attachname']);
				exit;
			}
		}
	}
}
$plugins->add_hook("index_start", "tht_latest");

3) Go into your admincp and Activate THT Latest
4) Go into your settings management, there's a new group called THT Latest, contained therein is somewhere to set the attachment id of the latest download
5) Users ( anyone ) can now visit http://thehostingtool.com/latest and it will download whatever attachment you set in your admincp, also the download counter will be incremented.

Merry Christmas ...

Last edited:
Jesus Joe, thanks for that. Will come in bloody handy.

Merry Christmas n Happy New year!

Back