• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A new message board........

all xoasis is good for [if you can call it 'good'] is static html and images. php doesn't work at all [never has], even though they lie to you and say it does.

this board has been around for a bit, but i've been waiting for the first beta [finally], since all former alpha releases lacked the admin controlpanel.

new doesn't have to mean better though, i'm sticking with phpbb :cool:

Last edited:
they do not require CGI. They use them like text files to be safe.

no one has permission to access cgi files without executing them!

(another words, for protection and safety)

Originally posted by nickmahon
Keith, your forums are very nice :)
damn straight! i'm using your original phpVB2 template as it's the only skin i've found so far [including subsilver] that loads properly for me in semi-older versions of netscape and doesn't crash the browser [weird, i know], nice job.

...then i hacked the hell out of it. :cool:

To tell you the truth, keith, I think it's a bit bland (especially at the top), but overall, it loads very fast and is at least a refreshing look to all those "wannabe" phpBB boards that never have any customization whatsoever. I like it! :cool:

yeah, i'll take a look through my downloads. i'm pretty sure i've still got it.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
To tell you the truth, keith, I think it's a bit bland (especially at the top), but overall, it loads very fast and is at least a refreshing look to all those "wannabe" phpBB boards that never have any customization whatsoever. I like it! :cool:
cool, thanks... honestly, i wasn't going for the killer design of the century. just something organized. but yeah, it's really blahhhhhh...

Last edited:
Since message boards are all the rage, I predict you'll continue to see literally tens of "new" ones within 18 months. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by zoobie
Since message boards are all the rage, I predict you'll continue to see literally tens of "new" ones within 18 months. :rolleyes:
On the contary, many are facing being closed down upon facing the stark reality of demands from users.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Quite nice, but yeah it's boring also.
well, i've slightly redone the header. i didn't think it was that boring, but everyone seems to think it's so immensely bland. :p

Well, to me, all of them closing down just opens the door for new ones to come out. Just look at this forum. I can think of at least 3 people who are trying to create their own forums, so I think zoobie is correct in saying all these new ones are coming out.

Work on the fonts currently being used. They radiate an unprofessional feel if you ask me. I cannot put my finger on any additional problems, but their is something that just lacks in comparison too other bulletin board systems.

Back