• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

about this forum

More information? I think I know what you are talking about though. If I reply to three or 4 posts the browser gets funny things happening. It is not just these forums though, but others as well.

Do you use Netscape or IE? In Netscape after a few replies I see all the fonts as times/new roman and no top menu. In IE I get a random letter placed on the taskbar and the whole system slows down. I find if you close a smiley list it comes right sometimes.

They are not error messages, just the browsers screwup. I find it doesn't happen so much if I don't open the smiley list though.

Last edited:
Never had this type of errors. The only error I get sometimes is "page not found" , not often though.

Yeah, that happens to my other computer as well. The links would also turn into pure blue color (default color), right?

On my computer, this doesn't happen, though. :rolleyes:

Strange. Sounds like a browser problem and something I can't really fix from this end. Unless you know what HTML code it has a problem with, we may be able to find an alternative way to do the same thing. It's tough for me to say without being able to see the error myself.

The page not found error seems to happen with Internet Explorer every now and then and I'm not sure why but if you reload after that error it works fine. I see this on many sites including vBulletin boards and Gossamer Threads forum. I'm sure it impacts other normal pages as well but usually you don't browse them to the same extent as you do a forum so it's less often and therefore less noticeable.

Let me know if anyone has more info on either of the two errors. If there is ever anything we can do to fix browser issues in terms of a work around I'd be happy to try it.

I haven't had any of these problems. I use ie 5.5 and just tried these forums with mozilla which is almost like netscape. Neither of these browsers had problems. Maybe this should be asked on vbulletin.com forums? They'll have more knowledge of the error.

I use Netscape and occasionally IE 5.5

With Netscape nothing happens till I hit reload, but at least I don't get a page not found error.

The page not found is when I use IE. :confused2

Originally posted by Jan
I use Netscape and occasionally IE 5.5

With Netscape nothing happens till I hit reload, but at least I don't get a page not found error.

The page not found is when I use IE. :confused2
Maybe I should switch to Netscape instead.

Back