• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

acidmist.com? Real or scam?

the elf

Has anyone here gotten a free .com with http://acidmist.com/?? Or, are they just a scam?

Hmm, from the numbers, you need 150 visits (not hits) a day. 150 x 30 = 4500 @ $5 CPM = about $20/month. Now, I'm not sure if you are required to keep the banner, but if you must, that's $20/month x 12 = $240/year. Take off the cost of the domain ($15) that's a $225 profit per year! :rolleyes:

I'd rather pay $$8-15 for my domain and put my own banners up and make the profit, then give it away for a free .com. What do you think?

Originally posted by the elf
Has anyone here gotten a free .com with http://acidmist.com/?? Or, are they just a scam?

Hmm, from the numbers, you need 150 visits (not hits) a day. 150 x 30 = 4500 @ $5 CPM = about $20/month. Now, I'm not sure if you are required to keep the banner, but if you must, that's $20/month x 12 = $240/year. Take off the cost of the domain ($15) that's a $225 profit per year! :rolleyes:

I'd rather pay $$8-15 for my domain and put my own banners up and make the profit, then give it away for a free .com. What do you think?

I think you should give us all domains like that!;) I don't mind the fact that you own 'em and I wouldn't mind putting a banner up on my site, just don't put on a hits/popularity/150 visitors requirement. That's low. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: acidmist.com? Real or scam?

Originally posted by DarkTemplar194

I think you should give us all domains like that!;) I don't mind the fact that you own 'em and I wouldn't mind putting a banner up on my site, just don't put on a hits/popularity/150 visitors requirement. That's low. :rolleyes:

Well...

i have got a domain from acidmist.com
but i gave it up because of the ad i had to put on my page..

Without the "requirement" you could have 1000's of signups that only get 15-100 visits a month, and end up losing tons of cash. Noone will wait 1 year to pay off a domain, waste of time. If you can't recover the cost in one month, they don't get the domain. This way, as the poster of the quote above did, you won't lose money.

1000 x $15 = $15,000.00. That's a lot to lose, as NameZero.com found out the hard way. With over 1 million users, they must have lost atleast 12 million. Why do you think they want $50/USD to get back a domain. Once that plan failed, it went down to $19.99/USD then $9.something/USD after that I banned NameZero from my mail servers so I don't know if it went lower then $9.something/USD.

Back