• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ad Network recommendations for free hosts

That's also in how you use it too though. Putting Adbrite on your own site they will complain and refuse to approve the site even though no free web host I know of actually puts customer content on their own front page.

But the sites hosted on the free hosting can easily have adbrite ads as long as they do not contain adult content- you have to use adbrite's adult ad counterpart for sites that do. They just have to be approved in the normal manner for this, and make sure that the hosting customer knows their account is not approved for adult content. Manual ad enforcement is a must, automated solutions that apply the ads inline will cause problems because you'll be using the ads on unapproved content.

So the fix is to sort your customer sites by content type. The usual sites get standard issue adbrite ads, while sites that cross the line get the (higher paying) specialty ads.

Also part of why I like adbrite is because it is a primarially CPM network, so you get paid for views even if those views do not result in a click. I can see were the CPM rate drops if not enough clicks are generated though, it figures there was some type of trick to that mode of advertising.

anyway, i feel weird that they also dun allow to use their blacklabels ads as free hosting's forced ads....

anyway, i feel weird that they also dun allow to use their blacklabels ads as free hosting's forced ads....

You'd think they could set their system up to automatically switch the two as needed based on the site's keywords and content. Already the two systems are almost fully integrated.

My guess the reason they don't want adbrite ads on sites and services that may contain adult content is because of professonalism- when they are selling ad slots to people they don't want someone's page to load only to be covered with adult content when the customer might be offended by such. Black Label they don't care as much, most of the black label ad buyers are buying ads for their adult content anyway.

It's tough to tell though if Adbrite will continue to outperform google, at the present time it has but I see that several of the CPM rates are dropping from the $.25 they started at down to only $.08.

It's tough to tell though if Adbrite will continue to outperform google, at the present time it has but I see that several of the CPM rates are dropping from the $.25 they started at down to only $.08.

That's the thing, my eCPM is way higher that. Maybe it depends on the country of your traffic to depend which network performs better.

That's the thing, my eCPM is way higher that. Maybe it depends on the country of your traffic to depend which network performs better.

It also depends on your intended market.

A gaming forum will tend to collect people without a lot of money and relatively dulled to the usual onslaught of ads, thus they won't be as likely to click on the ads. CPM is better for this, because even factoring in the CPM decrease rate as a response to the lack of clicks you still are getting paid for every page load, which works out to at least 2 page loads per thread view, peaking at a solid 5 page loads for a new post.

Now a site that would attract people with money such as product reviews would do better with CPC ads like adsense, as the people on it are more likely to click the ads if they display something relevant to what they are looking for.

It's just one of those where you have to consider the demographic of the content when choosing which ad network to display.

Google shows an eCPM of $.60 for a similar traffic pattern on another site, but in practice the $.08 CPM is making more money from a given amount of traffic than the $.60 eCPM Adsense is because Adsense is almost exclusively CPC, the eCPM is only for comparison to CPM networks.

It has to do with how often the ads get clicked relative to how much traffic is made. While most CPM rates decrease in response to a low click rate, that CPM is still paying out regularly.

You'd think they could set their system up to automatically switch the two as needed based on the site's keywords and content. Already the two systems are almost fully integrated.

My guess the reason they don't want adbrite ads on sites and services that may contain adult content is because of professonalism- when they are selling ad slots to people they don't want someone's page to load only to be covered with adult content when the customer might be offended by such. Black Label they don't care as much, most of the black label ad buyers are buying ads for their adult content anyway.

i think the reason is because they dun want the ads to loads too slow and causing the site lags.

i realize that when u have 2 or more adbrite ads, the sites will takes longer time to loads due to waiting for the ads codes to be completely loaded...

Awhile back I was making a good amount of money (around $25/day) by putting CPALead.com on the signup page. Might be something to try, as it will increase your legitimate users and it has the added benefit of keeping ads off of user pages.

Awhile back I was making a good amount of money (around $25/day) by putting CPALead.com on the signup page. Might be something to try, as it will increase your legitimate users and it has the added benefit of keeping ads off of user pages.

Was that just for one site, or on all the sites you have? Heck, I can't even keep track of how many you have at any time :)

Back