• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ad Options

NDChris

I'm just curious as to how free webhosts make money.

I know everyone says Banner Ads, but most advertising companies I know won't pick up your site unless your well established (have alot of visitors). Is there one company in particular webhosts use? Or do they all just obnoxiously place Ad Sense everywhere possible?

No, AdSense has a pretty strict policy as to how many ads, and where they can be placed. AdSense is a good place to start, because they've never wanted a pre-established website. On the other hand, there have been some horror stories with Google AdSense.

Clicksor, on the other hand, states you must have an established website. I've been turned down by them, and that's the main reason I stay away from them. They don't even help get started, but they still want you to take part in their program.

An ad can be placed tastefully, and of course, not. I, as well as yourself, hate going to a site, filled with ads. When I get my ad service up and running, you'll see possibly just one ad on every page, and you'll barely notice it.

Ads really can bring in a bundle, but I agree with you that they can be obnoxious. We try to balance ours, and so far have gotten no complaints. If you don't mind sharing, what kind of ads tend to be the least annoying to you, as a free hosting user?

*eye twitches* I..I'm not a free hosting user :p.

I provide paid hosting, but I did enjoy doing free hosting as a hobby. I don't have the income to do it for "free" to me, and I don't really like Adsense.

Back