• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ad rotator script?

lpok

Anyone know of a good perl/cgi script to rotate banners? I don't need anything fancy, just one that can support multiple banners and records stats. I prefer if they use iframes instead of SSI, but SSI is ok too. Thanks.

I've found that AdCycle delivers perhaps the best features of any freeware script. It provides advertisers password-protected access to their stats, supports multiple creatives/advertiser, supports rich-media, multiple zones, etc.

PHPads and WebAdverts also provide quality service at the best price (free), though WebAdverts can chew through system resources at a rate that makes it unsuitable for larger sites or networks.

I use WebAdverts. You can set it up for either IFRAMEs or with SSI, and you can use the same script for multiple different-sized banner slots, and can have some banners rotating on some pages but not others. The site in my .sig has a list of alternatives, including free, paid, and remotely-hosted.

Back