• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ads on a forum?

venomx

Ok I am starting up a new site and I want to add a banner at the top of the forums to try and raise a little cash to support the site. I have Google Adsense at the bottom of the forum now I just need a banner for at the top near the sites logo.

Anyone know of a good PPC or PPM that allows forums?

Is your members gonna click the ads? You know you can't really make them, and there is no way for you to track who clicked the ads.

No idea if they will or not. But if the ad uses normail href and img tages I can place the ad on each forum that its targetted to...

ichibaka said:
and there is no way for you to track who clicked the ads.
What are you on ichibaka???

Anyways, not many reputable companies accept forums.
Forums yield very crappy results compared to standart portions of websites.

You'r better off sticking with google alone for the your forums.

I have found a better thing that I will be hacking into VB3 soon. Each member can upload a banner/url and it will disply their banner randomly in threads they have posted in. Good way to get people to be active I believe.

Last edited:
The recent number of kiddis here wanting domains for warezed Vbuls.
Plus I don't know about you, but I'd not spend 160$ on a forum for a website when I'm just starting out, have 0 members and dont know if it'll work out.
I'd use a free one before and upgrade to paid when my number of members grows considerably and the need arises.

But that's just me.

Good luck tho :)

I bought my VB almost 2 years ago. I ran a forum that kinda died.. only 5 people really use it so I am shutting it down and making a new one.

Back