• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Affliations, is it worth it?

iiPanel

Hello,

Do you think having an affliate programs on your hosting company is effective?

I would kindly like to hear from hosting providers who have tried this type program.

Thankyou.

Yes, I think it is. You promote different things on the pages of your site and get revenues for it and I can't say you have to make many efforts getting money in this way. Somebody clicks the links and you get money.

It's all going to be relative. However, if you want to it to be a bit hit, you'll have to be noticed by the affiliates community (and especially by the "super affiliates"), so your commissions will have to be in line with what they've come to expect, and that is $50+ commissions. Otherwise, the affiliate program is likely to remain just a way to encourage current customers to recommend you.

With the army of publishers they already have in their system, cj.com is probably one of the most effective shortcuts you can take, to make sure your program is put in front of the super affiliates.

Hostmonster is one brand that drew a lot of attention to it recently using this technique. Of course, they also offer very high space and data transfer allotments, and that's another point to consider. If you're not focusing on the target market that the affiliates usually tap into (and that's generally the budget hosting market), you'll have a hard time convincing them to push your services.

Then again, it all depends on what goals you set, what you would consider to be a successful affiliate program. :)

Back