• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

After Registration Stuff

Scorpz

Let's see... I finally registered a site at uh.. register.com.. so what type of things should I possibly do next?

This is the first time I've done this. Please... explain to me all the tips and info as if I'm a 5 year old on crack. That would help me greatly. 'Cause I'm like.. totally clueless ya know? Just uhh.. tell me what you do or sumthin.

First, next time don't register at register.com

-but since we're past that point...

Wold you like to sign up for a paid host or look for free web space? This alone will occupy the next week, so why don't you decide what you need (see forums at the top, read the posts, look for answers to your questions, ask questions).

I would like to have FTP access for the site I registered.. cgi-bin and stuff. That is.. if a paid host or free web space can actually do that for me.

I'm mostly interested in a free hosting program.

BTW why shouldn't I of registered at register.com? I'd think it'd be benifical of me knowing why.

Edit: How the hell do I get rid of that register.com frame ad on the bottom?

[Edited by Scorpz on 01-01-2001 at 09:31 AM]

Just that (unless they had a special, which I'm thinking that they might have), you can register the name for less elsewhere. Don't sweat it, you already did it, and if there was a special... anyway.

The ad frame is probably there because the domain is parked I'm guessing. You won't have that once you change the nameservers to your host.

Go to the the first forum and read some of the questions and replies there. I'm sure what you want has been asked for already.

Back