• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Again: looking for a host for the paFileDB Extreme Edition project

markg85

Hey,

about a month ago i asked hosting here for the exact same project. at that time BlackCurrent Hosting offered me hosting with php 5 support.. and i was and am very happy with that.. but i just received a mail from BlackCurrent hosting that the company is gonna pull the plug out.. and by February all accounts will be deleted so i`m again in search of a hosting provider that is willing to provide hosting for the project without ads or a google adsence TEXT banner (not those graphical banners that google now also has).

What i need:
atleast 100 MB space
atleast 1 GB traffic
PHP
atleast 5 MySQL databases

What i prefer:
1 GB space
10 GB traffic
php 5.2.0
unlimited mysql databases on mysql 5

if you want to see all the development progress.. look here: http://my.opera.com/markg85/blog/

and for the current host look here: http://www.pafiledbexed.freecurrant.com/ (just the basic script with no categories filled in yet.

Anyone willing to host this project? i prefer a company that has been around for about a year or something so that i have some more guarantee that the host stays online..

Thanx alot in favor.

NOTE:
please note that there is a security notification script in paFileDB Extreme Edition that is making contact with a XML file which will be stored on the account.. every version will have it`s own xml file and the traffic to those files could get very high... Extreme Edition is automaticly downloading the entire XML file once every 7 days so if there are a few thousand Extreme Edition scripts up and running the traffic to those files could very well go up to 1 GB/month for just one file... more is possible.. less is also possible.. it all depends on the success of Extreme Edition

Last edited:
Yeh I remember you.

We have php 5.2.0, mysql 5.0.27, AND we have been around for a year, exactly today (damn I forgot it's our birthday ><).

And we have a special promotion thingo, sign up for 500mb/10gb for only 1 post.

http://free.liway.com/

btw. I know you don't like posting, but it's the reason why, if you get hosted with us, you won't need to re-request it in a month :p

I should easily be able to help you out with your preferred specs (or more) as long as you agree to my Google text ads (which you said were OK). I've been hosting for over 2 years and my main site is LittlBUGer.info

The only thing is that I have a server for my main site and another server for my clients. I do this because sometimes my site gets huge traffic spikes and causes the server to slow down a bit and I don't want it to affect my clients. The problem with this is that my clients' server only has PHP and mysql 4.x while my server (soon) will have PHP and mysql 5.x. So, if you wanted to try it out on my server to have the 5.x versions, that's fine, but I can't guarantee that there wont be any slowdowns. If you want to be assured of the stats and power of these servers, please look at My Status Page. Also, as far as your XML file and bandwidth usage, that shouldn't be a problem. On my server, I have a 21Mbps unmetered line with 100Mbps port and on my clients' server, it's just 2TB per month on a 100Mbps line, 100Mbps port.

Anyway, please PM me if you are interested. Thanks. :)

Hosted ;)
PM me if you still want it.
We won't be closing anytime soon, and if we do, we will backup your account and move it to another server as smoothly as possible. (By smooth, we mean your site would be down for literally 30 seconds whilst our nameservers update - your's wouldn't need to :) )

PM, or IM me if you still want/need your account.

I wish to thank you all again :)
i found http://www.ssxhost.com/ for the hosting this time.. they are around for some time and are hosting me now.

sadly no php 5.. but well.. my script must be compatible with php 4 anyway so seems to be like a good place for testing compatibility

There is one more thing.. now i have 1 host for my project BUT i wouldn`t mind having 2 hosts :D it`s always good to have a mirror host incase one of the 2 is down.. and it might be important to have a mirror server for the security XML file.. so if anyone is willing to offer a account as a mirror.. i would be very happy :D and if that mirror has php 5 it would be even more cool because than i have a place to test both php 4 and 5.

no forum posting requirements!!

I wish to thank you all again :)
i found http://www.ssxhost.com/ for the hosting this time.. they are around for some time and are hosting me now.

sadly no php 5.. but well.. my script must be compatible with php 4 anyway so seems to be like a good place for testing compatibility

There is one more thing.. now i have 1 host for my project BUT i wouldn`t mind having 2 hosts :D it`s always good to have a mirror host incase one of the 2 is down.. and it might be important to have a mirror server for the security XML file.. so if anyone is willing to offer a account as a mirror.. i would be very happy :D and if that mirror has php 5 it would be even more cool because than i have a place to test both php 4 and 5.

no forum posting requirements!!

sorry but,it does not is free :tired2:

What does this software do that you are writing?

And when you are finished what will be your plans for it?

Hi,

We don't normally do this, but considering your project is interesting, we are willing to host you (for a text link / banner). We are a paid host, that is why we do not normally offer free accounts.

We have all your requirements (PHP5, SSH Access, etc), however we will only offer you our Premium Plan, being 800 mB Storage and 8 000 mB Transfer.

- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- cPanel X
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Subdomains
- Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
- Unlimited Email Forwarding
- Unlimited Autoresponders
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- PHP 5.0
- Fantastico
- RVSkin
- RV Sitebuilder
- Secure Shell Access

Best wishes
RavenServers

@jrfla2006 they are not free.. that`s correct, however i did got it for free. it`s called sponsoring ;)

@tumble basically it`s a file database system where you can have a good looking list of all the files that you want to share with others with downoad links, screenshots and alot more info. i`m making the "Extreme Edition" of that script which is based on paFileDB (www.phparena.net is there site).

@RavenServers that would be very nice :) could you add me to msn? my msn is in my profile.

Thanx to all for the offers so far
and i want to wish everyone here (and all other readers aswell) a very good merry christmas and a happy new year... be safe with the fireworks ;)

Back