• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ANN: AdSenseLog 2.0 released

mertero

Hi guys,

I just wanted to announce that we released version 2.0 of our windows utility - AdSenseLog.

The new version includes E-Mail alerts, Adsense for search data, and new (and improved) user interface.

The software can be downloaded (Free 30-days trial) at -

http://www.metalgrass.com/adsenselog

AdSenseLog is a tool for automatically checking and analyzing your Adsense ads data (supporting Content, Search and Channel data). AdSenseLog shows extensive statistics and graph.

Regards,

Ron Mertens
Metalgrass software.

ZombieMatt said:
No offense but I definately wouldnt put my username/password into any application.

Zombie,

No offence taken. Is there some way I can persuade you to do so? We are working towards a privacy statement, which should be published in the next few days. I can give you my word that we do not use the user/password in any other pay but login to the Google Adsense page. The password is kept encrypted on your computer.

Ron Mertens
Metalgrass software

ANN: AdSenseLog 2.1.0 released

Hi guys.

I just wanted to announce that we released version 2.1.0 of AdSenseLog. This new version includes the following new features -

* AdUnit/Page impressions count
* Export tables to CSV or HTML
* Export graphs to bitmap (BMP) files.
* Minor bug fixes and small features.

AdSenseLog can be downloaded (Free trial) from -

Enjoy,

Ron Mertens
Metalgrass software

AdSenseLog 2.5.0 released

Hi again...

I just wanted to announce that we released version 2.5.0 of AdSenseLog. The software now fully supports URL channels, and we also inserted a few minor features as well.

AdSenseLog can be downloaded (Free trial) from -

Thanks,

Ron Mertens
Metalgrass software

The best way of getting people to use it is make it free. No more trail stuff.
Also, make it open source, in PHP or whatever. If someone can go through the code, more people will trust it.

Gary13579 said:
The best way of getting people to use it is make it free. No more trail stuff.
Also, make it open source, in PHP or whatever. If someone can go through the code, more people will trust it.

Gary,

Of course doing it for free will get me more users, but I believe I should get some money for my efforts too. it takes some time to write such programs, and supporting them are a lot of work (Especially because Google changes their report HTMLs every so often).

As a progammer, I'm not such a big believer in free software. As a site owner, who probably uses AdSense I can ask you the same thing - why don'y you publish your site 'for free' without ads?

The software is a windows utility - not a server side script, anyway...

Regards,

Ron Mertens
Metalgrass software

Ahh, this isn't server side, that makes it even worse..
I don't trust a lot of independant programmers.

Yes, I do have ads on my website, but that is just to make a little bit of money. Everything on the site is still free. Sure, you do get extras if yuo donate, but the basic site is still the same.

Anyway, good luck with this :)

Gary13579 said:
Ahh, this isn't server side, that makes it even worse..
I don't trust a lot of independant programmers.

Yes, I do have ads on my website, but that is just to make a little bit of money. Everything on the site is still free. Sure, you do get extras if yuo donate, but the basic site is still the same.

Anyway, good luck with this :)

Gary,

I can understand your concern about independant programmers... I guess there's not much I can do beside give 'my words' that we do not use any of the information... Matalgrass software has been around since 2000, and we're not gonna sell any client information, ever... ;-)

Anyway I do not wish to get into a shareware vs freeware debate, but I'm sure everyone should agree that us programmers are entitled to get some money for our efforts... ;-)

Cheers,

Ron Mertens
Metalgrass software

What you should do:
1) Provide a free version of the software, ad supported, have like a ad space on the top, where advertisiers can advertise. Only avalible for individual commercial use, ie, companies must purchase the paid version.
2) Provide a paid, ad free version of the software. Add a few gifts to it, for example adsense training or whatever. Put in extra features that most people won't require, so the free users will still continue to use your software.

snareklutz said:
What you should do:
1) Provide a free version of the software, ad supported, have like a ad space on the top, where advertisiers can advertise. Only avalible for individual commercial use, ie, companies must purchase the paid version.
2) Provide a paid, ad free version of the software. Add a few gifts to it, for example adsense training or whatever. Put in extra features that most people won't require, so the free users will still continue to use your software.

Snareklutz,

First of all, thanks for the suggestions, they are appreciated.

I have had bad experience with AdWares. It is a good system for software that has a large user base I think (P2P, stuff like that) but for a program that will be used by small number of people it is not so useful (You need a lot of exposures to earn money from AdWares, EPM is way lower than AdSense).

There are free alternatives for AdSenseLog already in the market. Still many people have chosen to register our software, so I guess it is useful. I don't think that adding 'gifts' is a good idea. Potential clients of AdSenseLog are serious web master, and trying to woo them with 'gifts' or 'training' is not my idea of marketing. We offer 30 days trial, which is enough time to test our software.

Thanks again,

Ron.

Back