• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any good message board hosts?

rch427

I have a client here in the Netherlands who needs a good message board host. (The client's an alumni organization at a large university.) Their website is hosted on the university's server, but for various reasons they cannot host their own message board. They want a pretty well featured system, with seamless aesthetics to their own site, security and flexibility. Not too many members will be using it and traffic should be light.
It's been very difficult to find info on hosts just for message boards (most expect to host the entire site). Can anyone recommend a reliable and professional host for them?
TIA --
Robert

perhaps it would be best to use netherland host since most of the users will be from that university.

Originally posted by Vegs
perhaps it would be best to use netherland host since most of the users will be from that university.

well .. do u know any ??? :confused:

I never seen one ... as far as i know ..

There are quite a number of hosts in netherland, mostly local hosting company thats why it's hard to find them.

Thanks for the responses. There are about 100 alumni members as of now, which will gradually grow, but only a fraction of them are likely to utilize the message board. As I mentioned, traffic should be light.

The client is likely to be willing to pay whatever is appropriate for the service, somewhere under 30 Euros a month, depending on features.

As for scripting, I'd prefer for it to be as cut-and-paste as possible, as I'm not skilled with ASP, etc.

I'd actually prefer dealing with a host in the British Isles, as my Dutch isn't great and -- even though most Dutch people speak English pretty well, there have been problems with communicating subtleties to them.

Any specific suggestions?

TIA --

Robert

I'll be able to host your site for 5 dollars a month at yourpod.com 100 MB w/ unlimited bandwith...

check us out!

Can I ask what board you are using? We support vbulletin, phpBB, UBB (if it's not too busy), OpenBB and all the others. We are Australian based but have support techs in the US, too. We provide 24/7 support through all avenues including Live Chat.

Feel free to come over and get one of us on the line.

Originally posted by snack
I'll be able to host your site for 5 dollars a month at yourpod.com 100 MB w/ unlimited bandwith...

check us out!

Another unlimited host.... I might get an account with you. Is it ok if my site pulls 5 terabytes of data?

Originally posted by snack

check us out!

OPPERATION WAREZ !!!! I REPEAT, OPERATION WAREZ !

Back