• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any Good Names?

HWF

I'm helping a my best friend set up a web hosting site, he wants a domain name.

Can you guys think of any good ones please :)

That really depends on him, of course we wont give out the goodies :), but no seriously, what's his point for the whole website? A name, should be, well a name, descriptive.

Gimme some elements and I can come up with a few spin offs for you.

That really depends on him, of course we wont give out the goodies :), but no seriously, what's his point for the whole website? A name, should be, well a name, descriptive.

Gimme some elements and I can come up with a few spin offs for you.

He said he is doing general shared and reseller hosting plus web designing and optimization lol

Any good snappy names are good :)

Normally most domain registrars provide recommendations based on the name you give. Lots of times, I find that it works better than my brain :)

[JSH]John;1069252 said:
How did you manage to get ECHost to sound like easy host? ... EZHost might ;)
E+C = Easy. Most people say Z like "Zed" or "Zee", people say C the same, "See/Sea"

You know.... You DON'T need the word host in a domain name for a hosting site. Pick something that is "brand-able". Some examples, Site5.com, medialayer etc.

What's yours called?

LOL - Doh!

Seriously though, you don't need the word host; mostly because any combination with the word host that is any good is registered already. Luckily I have some good ones stashed away for rainy days. Also, it seems that the word "layer(ed)" is very popular in host domains these days.. softlayer, medialayer, thislayer, thatlayer, pooplayer, you name it.

Hah everyone has problems coming up with good names. Heck I would even bet that a third of the hosts out there just give up after a few hours of trying and settle for the first thing they come across.

You definitely need to consider brandability (sp?) when choosing your name. You could go the other way and consider search engines by putting the words hosting or web hosting in your domain name. Its all up to you - you just need to brainstorm a little bit until you find something you are proud of and wont be ashamed to say when people ask you the name of your company.

Back