• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anybody here ever gotten their site hacked?

netnexus

Man, someone found a backdoor onto my server (my host told me it was due to an images directory, despite the fact I did nto have one) and uploaded a fake Bank of America site then sent out phishing emails...

Anything liek this ever happened on your servers?

I had a forum get hacked. I'm guessing it was just random hackers searching for forums, because there was nothing there really worth hacking. That's all I never understood, was why MY forum, why not, you know, a good one?

Blank, I'm sure it was just some punk kids googling for "php 2.0.6" or something, then running the script they found on their haxx0ring website they vist. Of course, you shouldn't really have still been running 2.0.6...when it was up to version 2.1.3 or something.

Gayowulf said:
I've fuxored my own site by mistake before. but i've never been hacked.
hahaha, I've done that many a time too many. What I don't understand is how someone bruteforced my password (if he bruteforced it) coz it is pretty long and hard to guess... at any rate, my host has their IP. Hopefully appropriate measures are being taken.

Ya, once I had a fairly popular gaming site with downloads that focused on the Sims games. It got hacked by some idiot once and just defaced my index page by uploading a blank html document that said "haxed by script xxKiDiEexx x2tre|\/|3 1337" or something of the sort. I just uploaded my index file and notified my host. Never happened again.

Never...then again I don't use scripts that I haven't made myself or that haven't been thoroughly tested for holes (unlike YaBB :p)

My site got hacked when I was a reseller. Shortly after, it was fixed, but I had already bought a new server :)

Mahoro said:
Never...then again I don't use scripts that I haven't made myself or that haven't been thoroughly tested for holes (unlike YaBB :p)
Haha, well I was under the impression that any scripts I was running had been thouroughly tested.

Back