• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

are cheap domains worthy of bying?

antispyware

hello,
i have a doubt.
some hosting companies in india are offering .org and .info for only around $2.5 per year. while they are offering the other extensions at around $10.

i dont know why .org and .info domains are cheap. and doubt if i should register with them or find some other host who charges normal price.

at the same time, domain registration in other countries is around $15 .
dont know why there is such a difference.

already i got a .org and they charged around $2.5

suggest me what i need to consider while purchasing domains.
thank you for reading and replying.

Its mainly only worth it if you can get a good domain.. if your gonna register something usless then yes also... Always get .INFO if u can.. I got alot of 3 Char .INFO for like cheap and am selling them for like $6-8 each

thank you for your answer,
my question is not about buying cheap domain names.

some hosting companies are offering to register any .info or .org at such low prices if they are available. while they charge more for other TLDs

shall i register .org or .info with them or with other companies that charge more?

my doubt is as they are charging low amount, will there be any catch?

Last edited:
thank you for your answer,
my question is not about buying cheap domain names.

some hosting companies are offering to register any .info or .org at such low prices if they are available. while they charge more for other TLDs

shall i register .org or .info with them or with other companies that charge more?

my doubt is as they are charging low amount, will there be any catch?

Many domain registrars, including myself, are resellers for another company and at the moment, .info domains are on special offer, which is why they are cheap.
Like, you would pay the $2.50 for the first year and be charged about $8 or $10 or whatever for every other year.

Back