• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Astronomers discover massive black hole..........10 BILLION Times the Mass of our sun

Decker said:
Oh my the density makes for a higher gravitational pull - hang on it's getting to high brow - see what you started ;)
I wasn't aware that gravity depended on density...IIRC, the gravitational pull only depends on the mass and the distance between the objects. Or maybe I'm just in elementary physics, LOL.

hmmm i've seen what happens when a normal sized blackhole in a documentary on tv. one this size we'd ever now about because we'd be dead before we know what had hit us.

conkermaniac said:
I wasn't aware that gravity depended on density...IIRC, the gravitational pull only depends on the mass and the distance between the objects. Or maybe I'm just in elementary physics, LOL.

Actually, you're right, it does depend on the mass. Think about it. Density = mass divided by volume. Therefore, an increase in mass or a decrease in volume increases density. A Black Hole theoretically has nearly INFINITE mass with almost zero volume...

Back