• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

At least one paid host explains their 'Unlimited' offers!

HAhahahah ....

If there are already physical limitation with their servers, how can they offer **UNLIMITED** deal???

Just for example, if your body has a physical limitation of living, what can you do to live **FOREVER** ??

Definitely nothing!

If you still want to go with this UNLIMITED host, just go on. No one will stop you. I think we have done enough to warn you about **UNLIMITED** web host. But, you should really think **UNLIMITED** times for **UNLIMITED** web host.

As there are plenty cheap host with great deals and I suppose that they are more reliable than all of those **UNLIMITED** web host.

This is an example of why these companies should be fined.

Front page:
Bandwidth = unlimited

A page of b.s. TOS explanation:
InterScot’s Web Hosting accounts are designed to handle a small to medium monthly hit-load of 200,000 hits or 5GB transfer (whichever comes first). As a general rule, if any client exceeds either of these recommended guideline amounts, an InterScot representative will contact the client to discuss the purchase of additional bandwidth for the account.

Basically, they don't offer you unlimited bandwidth (big shocker there), which is why I always say (and I realize no one is arguing this), ALWAYS choose a host that plainly states the limits and featureas of your account UPFRONT (like many of the hosts that frequent this board!)

Why don't they just say its 100MB / 5 GIG per account?

Its all down to marketing I suppose, but those file type restrictions are particularly severe.

What they say is right though, most sites use less than 5GB.
Right now we only have two sites using more than 1GB and one of those is on a special arrangement where he pays for transfer by the GB (no inclusive bandwidth)

I bet if I started advertising unlimited bandwidth I would get all sorts of undesirable sites.

Gordon

We have a fair few sites that use over 1Gb a month, we have 2 that use over 2Gb per month and 1 that uses 4-5Gb per month and another that we know will use 4-5Gb when it comes online.

But then again it all depends on the type of sites that you host, quite a lot of our sites are corporate sites and they tend to use a fair bit of bandwidth. Most however don't use near their alloted limit.

I only wish there was something we could do about these people that offer 'unlimited' features.

Back