• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Australian VPS Hosting

Itprotj

Hey guys,

Needing an Australian VPS, Heres the specs I need:

400Gig minimum bandwidth,
20gig diskspace
Windows VPS
2 x Remote desktop connections
Memory: (2gig would be nice)
CPU: Dont think you can choose this option anyway.
No Control panel(s) needed, As long as we can login through remote desktop.
IP's: only 1 needed.

The VPS will be there mostly to host a Shoutcast server & a Counter-strike source server so a good upload speed would also be good, But I guess you get that automatically if its in a datacentre.
Budget: $90AUD Per/month.

Last edited:
You wont be able to find an Australian VPS with that much bandwidth for $90 a month. You'd get about 150 - 200gb of transfer for $90 a month for Australian hosting.
For something that you're looking for, you'd need to either look outside of Australia (Possibly NZ with their low ping?) or the US / UK.

You would effectivly be looking at a dedicated server with those specs,
20GB Space
400GB Transfer
2GB RAM
Windows
2RD Connections.

You'd be looking at about $500 - $900 AU per month for something near those specs, and chances are you will only get 40GB of transfer with it.

Dam... Its hard to find an Australian windows vps with good bandwidth limits!

I'm already using a VPS in the US but when I ran the Counter strike server it was pretty laggy.
New Zealand has VPS? There plans would probably be worser than australian ones though?

Nah mate, Australia actually paid in full to upgrade New Zealands backbone connections.

They have a faster connection to the internet then Australia does, and thus they can provide more transfer, at a cheaper cost. They didn't pay anything for their internet, they just pay to maintain it lol.

If anything mate, you'll find NZ costs around 10% - 20% more or less then US prices and best of all... No GST!

This is the best one I have come across, it offers unmetered international transfer and up to 100GB of space for $149.95, equals about $81.81 USD, so that is comparable to a US VPS of equivalent specs.

* 1GB Memory
* 100GB Disk Space
* Unmetered International
* Unmetered National
* VPS Controls (Restart/Stop/Start/Xen Console)
* 5x IP addresses
* Full root access
* 64 Bits or 32 Bits OS Support

Is what they are advertising.

This is their link
hostingdirect.co.nz

Last edited:
Back