• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Being Redirected to Microsoft

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Has anyone had issues with being redirected to Microsoft?

I reformatted the laptop last night so it can't be a virus. But sometimes when I put an address into the browser, for example, I will type in freewebspace.net/forums/ and hit Enter, instead of coming here, I am taken to Microsoft.

Has anyone else had this issue? If not, WHAT THE FECK IS GOING DOWN? :ninja:

Not Microsoft Search. It takes me to a page on Microsoft's website.
I have the Crawler Toolbar that comes with Spyware Terminator.

Just on Firefox as far as I know.
Using Firefox 3
Tried a few times in IE but didn't happen.

I have reinstalled Firefox.
The reason I formatted the Laptop last night was because of these issues. I thought I may have had a Trojan or some ----. But now that it is still happening, it appears I have formatted and lost some work I had done for nothing.

Update:

I have removed Firefox and spent some time on IE and it's doing the same.
Also, as was mentioned in another thread, drop down menus and check boxes are also screwing up. Takes a few tries to get them to work.

Try disabling all firefox plugins and addons. I found that one of mine was causing AJAX in cPanel not to function correctly. Then gradually re-enable them until you find the problematic troublemaker.

Update:

I have removed Firefox and spent some time on IE and it's doing the same.
Also, as was mentioned in another thread, drop down menus and check boxes are also screwing up. Takes a few tries to get them to work.

I had the same problem. Its a program on your computer.

You can reset your url so that it doesn't take you to the wrong place in firefox by typing in about:config in the address bar and typing in browser.search.defaulturl in the filter on the top and clicking show all. Right click where it says: browser.search.defaulturl and then click Reset. It should reset your search and it will say default instead of user set.

I hope this helps.

It's happening in IE too and I have completely removed Firefox and all its settings and plugins.

Dan this only happens to me when I don't let the page finish loading on the IE load. If you are not allow it it finish loading then you will run in to the same issue.

Adam

I am letting it finish.

Here is what is happening. I think people are getting confused.

1. Sometimes being redirected to Microsoft.Com
2. I have to try a number of times to open a Drop-Down menu. Even in applications such as Dreamweaver.
3. I have to click a few times to tick a select box etc, even in applications such as Dreamweaver.

This was all happening for a while. I thought it may have been a Trojan, even though the virus scans etc were all coming up clean. So, I formatted the Laptop hoping it would solve everything, as it should have done, but still faced with the same issues.

Does Australia have PC World? :lol: take it to a place with a Tech Guys kind of thing, and have them give it a thorough check.

Leah's brother is a Computer Technician. He has partnered with me on Eaglehawk IT. I explained to him what has been happning and he has never heard of such behavior especially after a format.

Leah's brother is a Computer Technician. He has partnered with me on Eaglehawk IT. I explained to him what has been happning and he has never heard of such behavior especially after a format.

I would say if anything, it could be a DNS issue, but it's really hard to say what it could be, I've never heard of this to be honest.

Back