• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Free Bulletin Board?

Who has the best free bulletin baord?

• Burning Board (WBB)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • iKonboard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OpenBB

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • phpBB

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • XMB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrCary

Who do you think has the best free bulletin board?
I just need to get some quick stats. Thanks for voting.

didn't we do this already? is this one because openbb lost the last one miserably?

Actually, OpenBB won last time in the poll of "best development team." But I think MrCary is pushing his luck a little too far by expecting OpenBB to win any award for their pathetic message board script. :)

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Actually, OpenBB won last time in the poll of "best development team." But I think MrCary is pushing his luck a little too far by expecting OpenBB to win any award for their pathetic message board script. :)
I wouldn't call it crap. I would say its average. Nothing I can see which is too wrong with it but its definately not the best.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Thats a bit harsh, but the admin does suck lol

Originally posted by cheatpark

Have you installed all the boards mentioned? phpbb is the best as it works well (or should I say the only one) on a windows server.

I tried... but my patience ran out because I was doing something wrong... so I just went with phorum. Hey I didn't say it was better, but I said it was good and I recommend it.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

I tried... but my patience ran out because I was doing something wrong... so I just went with phorum. Hey I didn't say it was better, but I said it was good and I recommend it.
I spent weeks trying to do a clean install of yabb. After that I knew how to do all the others. I luckily pulled through and nothing stopped me. Sometimes though it can be the developers fault if there are no clear instructions but to me it seems default to know what to do. Most times I open a config.php and insert the required details. Then I upload and mostly run an install.php file and then it works. Although sometimes I do get the odd problem. This happened with openbb. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by cheatpark

I spent weeks trying to do a clean install of yabb. After that I knew how to do all the others. I luckily pulled through and nothing stopped me. Sometimes though it can be the developers fault if there are no clear instructions but to me it seems default to know what to do. Most times I open a config.php and insert the required details. Then I upload and mostly run an install.php file and then it works. Although sometimes I do get the odd problem. This happened with openbb. :rolleyes:

There was a problem... something I did wrong... but now I get Phorum set up, and don't want to change.

Back