• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Free Forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. MyBB talk about associate with thehostingtool.
2. Discuz, I like ucenter(social network system) it's just plugin but it's look like a big software I never seen other forums have this big social network system like discuz.

my votes for phpbb too, lots of themes to make it individual, yet maintaining the processes visitors are used to.

Is it only me or you guys are surprised too when people still love phpBB ??? I think it is pretty inferior to competitors

Is it only me or you guys are surprised too when people still love phpBB ??? I think it is pretty inferior to competitors

I've tried the following:

-- MyBB
-- ikonBoard
-- IPB (Up until 2.0.0 Final (Free Version))
-- vBulletin (Partially)
-- WBB (Partially)
-- XMB
-- SMF
-- Phorum (Partially)
-- phpBB

and lots more... and phpBB so far has beaten them all, especially with phpBB 3.

Phpbb is fine and all but I just don't like the way the design is. Just something about that makes me think that it is lacking something especially in a community sense. (i.e. with other forum design it is less confusing to navigate) I can't really explain it that well, but there is something there which puts me off from using it.

I personally like MyBB and SMF. Xenforo is another favourite, though that hasn't been released yet and I think it is going to be paid. But whatever the case, it is a fine looking community-type script.

Hello,
I also think that phpBB is great free forum software. ya but i think that mybb is also good i heard about it also and it also works very well.

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back