• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best FREE Host Ever....

xzx

b&
b&
Ok,
What is The ABSOLUTE FREE host ever with the most things enabled and no ads or banners or popups?

If you're asking for a no-ad host, that's already saying, "I want the best host out of the cr*ppiest hosts out there." You can't expect any no-ad host to be good. In terms of features, http://www.portland.co.uk/, but everyone knows the quality of their free hosting. In terms of reliability, http://www.liquid2k.com/ is BY FAR the best. Host.sk plain sucks in reliability, but it has quite an impressive list of features. Portland still has more though, but nothing can come close to the unlimited space/transfer that host.sk offers.

Overall, these would be my ratings:
Liquid2k 8/10 - no FTP, no scripting languages, very reliable
Host.sk 4/10 - unlimited space + transfer, PHP/MySQL, unreliable, slow
Portland 2/10 - 15 MB + 100 MB transfer, PHP/MYSQL/CGI (they have ASP too, I think), totally unreliable, slow, poor security

host.sk unrelieable? just because it gets slow at certian times of the day doesn't mean its bad, and just becuase u dont know the language doesnt mean u cant get help, u either find a slovarkian translator or goto the host.sk english forums.....sheesh

Originally posted by TFA Network
host.sk unrelieable? just because it gets slow at certian times of the day doesn't mean its bad

The only thing worse than a consistently slow host is an inconsistently slow host, and that's exactly what host.sk is. They have downtime, and they have no clear means of surviving if they offer their services to foreign language speakers. They're an F2s wannabe.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

The only thing worse than a consistently slow host is an inconsistently slow host, and that's exactly what host.sk is. They have downtime, and they have no clear means of surviving if they offer their services to foreign language speakers. They're an F2s wannabe.

Yeah, but that's the price of unlimited space, bandwith, mysql and no adds. If host.sk was fast, it would be the best host ever...

Back