• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

best free host?

Hobbes

Hi. I need a good free host. Something with space 0-1000000MB, CGI/Perl, HTACCESS, etc. etc....preferably no banners; this is for my personal webpages, uploading photos and stuff (that I can password protect for other family members).. what would you recommend?

Originally posted by Hobbes
Hi. I need a good free host. Something with space 0-1000000MB, CGI/Perl, HTACCESS, etc. etc....
Huh? What if the fwp just offered 100kb with everything you listed? ;) j/k.....

Isn't there some perl script that password protects your pages even without .htaccess? Or is that not really safe either? I dunno, 'cause I've never used the script...

Really, though, what's wrong with putting the pictures on your current website? Just make some subdir that nobody can guess, a blank index.html (or redirect) and name your pages with the photos something like "areyoureadytoseemypics.shtml" and just give the URL to the people you want to give. That's what I do with my photos...

Hobbes, you could always try searching using the Power Search on FreeWebspace.net.

If you're looking for a password-protectable photo album, Zing.com offers photo albums with password protection.

coolin. thx. I'll check that out.

Why don't I use my CURRENT webpage? Well.. I don't have one LOL. See, when we moved from our ISP to AT&T, well, I closed down my homepage at my ISP and don't want to put it on AT&T (cause everyone hates them lol .. especially the mail servers).

Well... He did say "preferably" no banners... You can't get everything in life. Personally, I'd use F2S, even though their slow, but a banner is about 10kb, and that slows down page loading also.

(conceit) Sure I can get everything in life! I"M THE EXCEPTION! (/conceit)

Seriously, I understand that -- I'd have to go and get a paid host if I wanted no banners. Oh well, I tried :) Thank you for your reviews.

Back