• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

BEst free hosting company

Maxim

Hi guys. I'm looking for a free hosting company, and I've received many offers. Now it's time to see which one is the best.

I'd need to host some sites, the amount can grow (maximum 10) and all of them would need their own subdomain.

Also : UNI.CC should be supported.
Every site uses xHTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL.

The amount of traffic wouldn't be high, but I would need an option to upgrade it. I don't need a lot of space, but also, I'd need an option to upgrade it.

Offers I've received / possible hosts
- thedarkknight , a FWS member. www.bbexpress.net is his current site. His host-site is offline because of a re-design. I think he gets the most chance to host my site :D.

- Cybertoad Networks . Problem is that they don't support UNI.CC domains and they aren't really fond on giving away subdomains. They do give away subdomains, but not that much.

- Zoomcities

- Yurx

- http://forums.liway.com

So, any of you guys who can say something good/bad about these hosts?

Why don't you make search in Google. There must be many reviews about these hosts. as for me I have never heard of them.

- Cybertoad Networks . Problem is that they don't support UNI.CC domains and they aren't really fond on giving away subdomains. They do give away subdomains, but not that much.
WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS!

We fully support UNI.CC addresses but we don't recommend using them
because UNI.CC is known to have downtime, DNS issues, and other problems
that can effect access to your hosting account if you use that as your
main web address.

As for subdomains, I don't where the hell you got the idea about us not
being "fond on given away subdomains"? HUH?? WHAT???

We setup hundreds of new subdomains daily!

It doesn't make any difference to us whether your have your own domain
name or not at Cybertoad Networks. If you don't own a domain name
then we simply assign you a subdomain of your choosing at Z42.US.

(Z42.US is a domain we own specifically for subdomain allocations)

goblin77 said:
Why don't you make search in Google. There must be many reviews about these hosts. as for me I have never heard of them.
You must not get around very much if you don't recognize any of the hosting names Maxim listed ....

We, Cybertoad Networks, are the oldest and largest on that list and been around for almost a full decade.

ZoomCities is another well known name and though I have not had the opportunity to work with them directly,
I have seen them around and have seen their advertisements for quite a long time and they have been
active around here and accepting applicants for at least a couple of years now and have been around
long enough now to say they would have to be reliable else I don't see them lasting this long already.

Liway.com is a small host operated by a single owner but I have worked with the owner a bit and more
recently helped him upgrade the PHP on his server and I think he would probably be a fair host and
if he ever decided to close up shop, I get the feeling he would probably do his best to find a new
hosting home for his clients.

As for Yurx, I have had no personal experience with them but I have heard plenty of not so good
stories second hand from a number of our current hosting users who came to us from there.

As for bbexpress.net, it is ironic, (and actually somewhat amusing :)), that Maxim would list this as his top
choice above because I have never heard of them and it is no surprise either! The domain was not only
registered just this year but also when I pull information at my disposal about them, I learn that this is
also apparently a reseller of a reseller of a dedicated customer. To be honest, seeing that I would be
very afraid about reliability, longevity, and possible overselling issues. Eeeew!

Last edited:

I don't like these reviews. I saw some reviews like
"I'm a 50-year old lady and started a chat-room for me and my firlfriends. Since I don't know anything about programming, I used ****'s control panel with fantastico. It was set up in only 10 minutes.

This host gives you ** mb space and *** mb banwith, so I had enough resources to start a PhpBB forum. Me and my girlfriends even don't have to walk out of our home to communicate!!"

It's obviously that reviews like these are fake...

WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS!

We fully support UNI.CC addresses but we don't recommend using them
because UNI.CC is known to have downtime, DNS issues, and other problems
that can effect access to your hosting account if you use that as your
main web address.

As for subdomains, I don't where the hell you got the idea about us not
being "fond on given away subdomains"? HUH?? WHAT???

We setup hundreds of new subdomains daily!

It doesn't make any difference to us whether your have your own domain
name or not at Cybertoad Networks. If you don't own a domain name
then we simply assign you a subdomain of your choosing at Z42.US.

(Z42.US is a domain we own specifically for subdomain allocations)

You must not get around very much if you don't recognize any of the hosting names Maxim listed ....

We, Cybertoad Networks, are the oldest and largest on that list and been around for almost a full decade.

ZoomCities is another well known name and though I have not had the opportunity to work with them directly,
I have seen them around and have seen their advertisements for quite a long time and they have been
active around here and accepting applicants for at least a couple of years now and have been around
long enough now to say they would have to be reliable else I don't see them lasting this long already.

Liway.com is a small host operated by a single owner but I have worked with the owner a bit and more
recently helped him upgrade the PHP on his server and I think he would probably be a fair host and
if he ever decided to close up shop, I get the feeling he would probably do his best to find a new
hosting home for his clients.

As for Yurx, I have had no personal experience with them but I have heard plenty of not so good
stories second hand from a number of our current hosting users who came to us from there.

As for bbexpress.net, it is ironic, (and actually somewhat amusing :)), that Maxim would list this as his top
choice above because I have never heard of them and it is no surprise either! The domain was not only
registered just this year but also when I pull information at my disposal about them, I learn that this is
also apparently a reseller of a reseller of a dedicated customer. To be honest, seeing that I would be
very afraid about reliability, longevity, and possible overselling issues. Eeeew!

I thought that you weren't really fond on giving away subdomains since you give one to an user if they don't own a domain. So I thought giving subdomains was more an 'emergency'-plan when there is nothing else left to do...
Once again, I get overwhelmed by Cybertoad networks :D

Thanks for the information about bbexpress.net, but since it isn't his real site, I can't say anything about it. But the fact that that site is a reseller from a resseller, rays enough about how professional he is. Thanks for you feedback. It's great to hear something from other hosts!

I thought that you weren't really fond on giving away subdomains since you give one to an user if they don't own a domain. So I thought giving subdomains was more an 'emergency'-plan when there is nothing else left to do...
Once again, I get overwhelmed by Cybertoad networks :D
Emergency Plan? I like that! :lol:

Actually our servers have been programmed to automatically create a
subdomain for any user who submits an application without a valid
registered domain from any ICANN approved registrar.

If you leave the domain name blank, you'll probably end up with
your login name in front of z42.us or you can request a specific
subdomain of your choice by typing it in the Domain field on the
web hosting application usually in the form "whatever.z42.us".

If you do own your own domain though, there is a lot of benefits
in using that as your main web address but it is not required.

I'd go for zoomcities. Im currently with them (they are hosting me blog www.one.gavis.net and my new forum, www.evss.gavis.net)

The admin is really nice, even though im no longer able to be active due to my upcomming o levels next year, he still allows me to continue being hosted, and gives me upgrades when i need them =)

Zoomcities is certainly where you wanna be =) They are a very nice community :lol:

Edit : They actually host my whole website, www.gavis.net, but the rest of my site is off limits (only avail for my friends due to personal info)

I'd go for zoomcities. Im currently with them (they are hosting me blog www.one.gavis.net and my new forum, www.evss.gavis.net)

The admin is really nice, even though im no longer able to be active due to my upcomming o levels next year, he still allows me to continue being hosted, and gives me upgrades when i need them =)

Zoomcities is certainly where you wanna be =) They are a very nice community :lol:

Edit : They actually host my whole website, www.gavis.net, but the rest of my site is off limits (only avail for my friends due to personal info)
thanks. I guess zoomcities, cybertoads and liveway are having the most chance to get me hosted :p

Maxim, got your application and your account is now activated!

Yep, got the e-mail. But I guess lots of people are interested in knowing what webhosts are great. I heard loads of goods things about cybertoads, now let's see what they really are :D

PS my site will be a 'temporary' site untill the project is ready.

PPS I've got a host uptime tracker linked to al the hosts in the post above (and also 110mb.com :D)

They are checked EVERY MINUTE.

I guess we'll see fast enough who has got downtime prob's :D

PPS I've got a host uptime tracker linked to al the hosts in the post above (and also 110mb.com :D)
That won't do you any good on us because all uptime tracking services
are physically blocked from our network and false TCP signals are also
transmitted to totally screw with their servers and confuse the crap
out of these services.

They are checked EVERY MINUTE.
And that would be precisely WHY we block uptime checking services ...

Take that traffic and multiply it by 1.7 million sites and you have a heck of
a lot of wasted bandwidth that would better be served for customer use.

I guess we'll see fast enough who has got downtime prob's :D
Well, I don't think you need an uptime tracker to know about 110mb's issues.

As for zoomcities, I have no idea but haven't heard any complaints

As for Liway, I am a bit concerned about a few particular issues from what
I have seen of their server but it's nothing that can't be fixed if the
owner ever gets back to me to help him on that issue. *HINT*

As for us, :lol: :lol: :lol: What is downtime? I don't think I know that word!

(Seriously, we are down on average less than 1 day per every 2 years and
if you ever can't reach us, it is most likely because we banned you from
our network for doing something really bad. Real downtime is unheard of!)

Hmmm, seems like host-tracker seems to have to do more effort with cybertoads then with other hosts. It only checks every hour, because some servers can't connect.

And the first one with downtime is yurx. 3 times in two days, every time a half an hour.

So I guess yurx is on my 'blacklist'.

I remember ej.am, but they had some days serieus downtime a few months ago. I'm going conenct host-tracker to them to check if everything is fixed again.

But now I'm with cybertoads, and haven't got any problems, except uni.cc but they actually don't support it. So I guess that's kinda normal.

Hmmm, seems like host-tracker seems to have to do more effort with cybertoads then with other hosts. It only checks every hour, because some servers can't connect.
Actually NONE of host-tracker's servers can cannot to our network
nor can any new server they might add to their network in the future either!

The few servers in their collection that think they are connecting never
actually reach our network at all and I just sent you a PM with some more
specific details about exactly what we actually do to them. :lol:

Ahplace is quite good and their staff are responsible. However, their server

is not steady enough recently.

I6networks is fine but their offer is only for one year.

Last edited:
Back