• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Reseller Hosting?

shambler66

I was just wondering what your opinions on reseller hosting are. What do you guys believe to be the best company overall for reseller hosting including there reliability, support, performance, uptime, etc.??? I have found two companies that have been looking into especially, in which they are hostingdepartment and webhostingmasters. What are your opinions on these two companies? Would they be a wise investment? I have found there prices and offers to be incredibly agreeable.

I don't have any personal experience with either of these as I run my own servers, however this is a bit of general advise which may help.

The best reseller company is the one who understands your requirements and will work with you :)

If the servers are stable, not massively oversold and you know how to manage a reseller account, then there should be little need for support from the reseller host, however you'll need to ensure that they do have reasonably responsive support in the event of a major issue.

Don't shop on price alone.

Don't buy in a rush, take some time, perhaps open a small reseller and see how it behaves before putting paying customers on the account.

Test out their support, find out where their servers and located, see the type of bandwidth and quality of network, and ask them questions till you feel comfortable. A good reseller provider is going to be accomodating to your needs and your clients!

shambler66 said:
I was just wondering what your opinions on reseller hosting are. What do you guys believe to be the best company overall for reseller hosting including there reliability, support, performance, uptime, etc.??? I have found two companies that have been looking into especially, in which they are hostingdepartment and webhostingmasters. What are your opinions on these two companies? Would they be a wise investment? I have found there prices and offers to be incredibly agreeable.
Thank you shambler66 for your interest in webhostingmasters! If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask!
Billy

The only thing i dont like about WHM is they server awalys goes down or dos atacks but that happens every month :S

nikka12 said:
The only thing i dont like about WHM is they server awalys goes down or dos atacks but that happens every month :S
Note to shambler, these issues have been fixed and only concern one of our servers. All new signups will not be put on that server, the other servers are up and running fine.

Wow! Thanks everyone for all this great advice! I am indeed not one of those people that rushes into purchasing the first company I spot...I definitely take the time needed doing research prior to purchase. This forum is a great resource for me as well as webhostingtalk, programmingtalk, and webhostingjury in aiding me in making my final decision. WHM, I am glad to hear those problems fixed! :) However, I am going to do further research in other companies as well as webhostingmasters and hostingdepartment. You may expect to see me as one of your customers soon! Thanks everyone!

Thank you for your interest in HostingDepartment.NET, if I can help you in anyway just contact me :).

Definitely going with hostingdepartment.NET. There features and prices are perfect for me. I have submitted 3 different support tickets and in all of them I received a return with a decent answer within 30 minutes.

~Thanks!~

Back