• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best script for story publishing??

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
What would work good, apart from blog software???
What other blogs are out there?? I dont wanna use wordpress its always being hacked so id like another simple easy software if I was to use blog soft...

But I am hoping someone has an easier program than blogging it, I want to list chapters of the story in order, publishing a new chapter every week.

Serendipity PHP-powered, flexible Blogging/CMS application

Open Blog Kick---- Blog application built using the CodeIgniter PHP Framework

b2evolution is a powerful blog tool

LifeType is an open-source blogging platform with support for multiple blogs and users in a single installation

WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.

Nucleus CMS is a flexible and easy to install content management system, aka blog software.

Dotclear is an open-source web publishing software

Textpattern is a flexible, elegant and easy-to-use content management system.

WordPress MU Ever dream of running hundreds of thousands of blogs with a single install of WordPress ?

eggBlog is the free php & mysql blog software package

Pixie The Small, Simple, Site Maker

All the best blog, cms systems out. Take ur pick. If your lookin to add updates on regular basis i would use serendipity.Pretty nice interface with alot of options for customazations.

1) Read as many movie screenplays as you can. Educate yourself on the format and vocabulary of how scripts are constructed. For example, film scripts are always written in the present tense and often use minimal description to set scenes and produce ambiance. The rule of thumb is: never generate more detail than you absolutely need.

2) Make use of computer software to format your screenplays. To achieve success in Hollywood, you have to use proper screenplay formatting. Those who work in the industry are used to screenplays following an established format and layout. If yours does not, you are out of the ball game before it has even started. If you've got the money to spend ($100- 200), I suggest Movie Magic Screenwriter as the software of choice. In my opinion, it FAR SURPASSES the competition. If your budget is tight, there are also many low-cost software solutions (under $100), as well as free templates that plug into MS Word.

3) Learn to outline your stories. This can be done on the laptop or computer, or you can use the "traditional" approach to breaking down your screen story through the use of index (3x5) cards. Either approach will allow you to move your scenes about and discover the proper flow of your story. With this process, you might discover "miracles" that will take your movie story to the next level... or you may find that that "precious" scene you've been planning on is unnecessary!

4) Purchase some screenwriting guides to help you learn the technique of storytelling and just how to structure your story. William Goldman, screenwriter extraordinaire, is famous for declaring that screenplays are, "Structure, structure, structure." Movies don't have time to meander like novels. They need to be tightly constructed, with no flab. There are some great books on the market. Hit the local book shop to become acquainted with a few. One of my favorites on how to write a commercial script is Blake Snyder's SAVE THE CAT!

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/screenp...-script-basic-tips-1883740.html#ixzz0t4HSPszY
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

1) Read as many movie screenplays as you can. Educate yourself on the format and vocabulary of how scripts are constructed. For example, film scripts are always written in the present tense and often use minimal description to set scenes and produce ambiance. The rule of thumb is: never generate more detail than you absolutely need.

2) Make use of computer software to format your screenplays. To achieve success in Hollywood, you have to use proper screenplay formatting. Those who work in the industry are used to screenplays following an established format and layout. If yours does not, you are out of the ball game before it has even started. If you've got the money to spend ($100- 200), I suggest Movie Magic Screenwriter as the software of choice. In my opinion, it FAR SURPASSES the competition. If your budget is tight, there are also many low-cost software solutions (under $100), as well as free templates that plug into MS Word.

3) Learn to outline your stories. This can be done on the laptop or computer, or you can use the "traditional" approach to breaking down your screen story through the use of index (3x5) cards. Either approach will allow you to move your scenes about and discover the proper flow of your story. With this process, you might discover "miracles" that will take your movie story to the next level... or you may find that that "precious" scene you've been planning on is unnecessary!

4) Purchase some screenwriting guides to help you learn the technique of storytelling and just how to structure your story. William Goldman, screenwriter extraordinaire, is famous for declaring that screenplays are, "Structure, structure, structure." Movies don't have time to meander like novels. They need to be tightly constructed, with no flab. There are some great books on the market. Hit the local book shop to become acquainted with a few. One of my favorites on how to write a commercial script is Blake Snyder's SAVE THE CAT!

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/screenp...-script-basic-tips-1883740.html#ixzz0t4HSPszY
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

He didn't say anything about screenwriting?

Darkwingduck:

http://www.indymedia.ie/oscailt/
http://www.interlogy.com/products/content/article
http://www.s9y.org/

Or you could write it yourself. Doesn't seem like you want a whole lot of features so it shouldn't be too hard. Just password protect the admin directory through Cpanel instead of fussing with log-in or cookies.

Back