• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best/Worse of the Decade

TehGuy

The decade is coming to a close in a little under 2 weeks. I guess most people are referring to it as the 00s but that's kind of lame. It works for things like the 90s and 80s because you can say "the nineties" or "the eighties" but the "zero zeros" or "oh ohs" just doesn't work.

So, what were the best parts of the decade? What were the worse parts of the decade? What have you done since the start of the decade?

If you ask me, best stuff to come out of it include:

MP3 Players - sure they existed before 2000, but they sucked.
Faster, Cheaper, widely-available interwebs
Counter-Strike - I started playing near the beginning of 2000. I still play Counter-Strike Source.

And the worst:

Twitter
Global recession sucked I guess

And for me:

I went from being 12 to 22. I became agnostic (was raised Mormon, dropped that ----). I toned down from super geek to "yeah, I guess video games are cool" (stopped programming/web-design and 40+ hours a week of video games). I discovered the wondrous joys of alcohol. That's about all that comes to mind.

Pretty decent decade overall, though I guess a lot of people seem to think it's the worst decade in a long while.

Good:
Nice progress in computing power and cost, and more bandwidth becoming more globally available

Worst:
Social networking and everything to do with it

Best:

-Growth of the internet
-Amazing technology advancements
-Growth of social media and communication mediums like cell phones

Worst:

-9/11 was a -----
-Bush (Canada hasn't done much better with Harper lately though)
-The resurgence of teen popstars has gotten worse since the 90's imo
-The metaphorical world seems to be getting smaller. The connections and lack of privacy the internet creates is bringing people together in many negative aspects. It's making crime easier and the spread of terrible information even easier.

Just my 0.02

Back