• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beta Site - Review please!

I don't like the colors. Tone it down a bit, they grab more attention than your text does. It's like they overshadow what you're trying to say or something....

That sounds really weird because my site has to have the www. to work. When I had domain forwarding last year though it worked without the www. Can someone think why that would happen?

Originally posted by JustinSurfer

I have no idea if this is the case or not, but the interface sucks!
ok. Hostzone better not change to it when they install linux servers. (Hostzone is the host which I use)

I can now access it without the www.... here is my review

- The red is way too bright
- The blue is way too bright
- Simple and nice design but lacking graphics (find something unique, not those crappy corporate ones with those people who have plastic surgery smiling)
- Change the red and blue to something darker

Design/Layout: 8.5 out of 10
Style/Looks: 7.5 Out of 10

Overall: 8 out of 10

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I can now access it without the www.... here is my review

- The red is way too bright
- The blue is way too bright
- Simple and nice design but lacking graphics (find something unique, not those crappy corporate ones with those people who have plastic surgery smiling)
- Change the red and blue to something darker

Design/Layout: 8.5 out of 10
Style/Looks: 7.5 Out of 10

Overall: 8 out of 10
I'm awaiting a new monitor, then I am going to change the shades of colours, because this monitor doesn't go very bright for some strange reason, probbably worn out, as the blue and red looks quite dark here, but everyone else says it's not so I ordered the new one.

OK, here is my review:

I think the colors are too bright, but you already know that from others' previous posts. Layout is generally nice, I personally would put a small buffer between your main 'pitch' ("JSN Web Services offers a variety of services...) and the edges of your 'pitch'. It is easier on the eye, IMHO. The right-hand side of your 'pitch' is right up against your right-hand sidebar, and I find that distracting.

Just my two cents...

Thanks,

We are looking at toning down the colours a litle, and putting some extra margins and cell padding in to stop things being right up the edges of the tables.

Back