• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beware of Thorny

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you expecting? For him to pay up the full 6 months again? If that is the case I'm not sure public torture is the wait to go. If I was Thorny right now I would never pay up...

They have a saying, customer is king. I agree with clients exposing bad hosting services but I am against providers trying to expose bad clients on public forums, no matter what they have done. It's just unprofessional. Some chargebacks come with the territory. Report him to certain authorities and dbs and move on, get over it.

FFS Justin what dont you understand about mother being very ill meaning i have very little time on my hands, FFS just knock it off you'll get the ----ing money

A lot of things don't add up with Thorny's statements James.

It's been called out and needs to be seen to go one way or the other now.

And there he is now :)

A lot of things don't add up with Thorny's statements James.

Sure, I can do maths :) But it's the conduct and integrity of the host I am interested in here. There is always going to be different kinds of clients, all the time.

Hosts have to live with the outcome of their conduct, others will be waiting to see if they would consider the subject as a possible client now or never :wink2:

Hosts have to live with the outcome of their conduct, others will be waiting to see if they would consider the subject as a possible client now or never :wink2:

It appears that FWS hosts are more concerned with commenting on the integrity of hosts (even when they have been doing this for a while now) rather than keeping good uptime. Again, Thorny hasn't paid anyone, so we have no clue if his story is true or not. Don't jump the gun too fast, I didn't give out any personal information aside from his name, which you need to know in preventing fraud orders.

Thorny was very happy wit our services and there has been no network or power downtimes during the duration he's been with us. If he is who he says he is, then we can continue our business relations for many years.

I'll have to take Mark's side here. This kind of situation is just too typical

I'm interested in the chargeback explaination, at that timescale a criminal fraud investigation would be required, and would not necessarily require the chargeback to take place but be advised of the possibility.

Just as an update, I never received any payment from Thorny. He has stopped communication for a little while now.

Am sorry to hear your having problems still... It seems over time something happens to users/hosts/clients that just turn things screwy and this is the outcome we see from it :(.

Thanks for the updates, I know you havent gotten any thing from him.. But I also think its clear you probally never will. I would say to send this to collections etc.

Or possibly call his bank ( with the details you have and his last 4 details of the credit card ) You should be able to contact your merchant to get his banks details and call them see what they say happened. They do have the right to refuse comment but its worth a try.

I think it is too late to be chasing this + slim chance. The quicker you forget about it the better in cases like this... :(

I believed Thorny in the beginning about his mother, but now I can start to see his real colours... Still no reply from him? Sorry to hear about this UT.

[DWH]Yuxuan;974254 said:
I believed Thorny in the beginning about his mother, but now I can start to see his real colours... Still no reply from him? Sorry to hear about this UT.
I didnt, He didnt type it in a belivable way
"Mother has taken ill" - Sounds like something in a movie with the setting of the 1800s
That was just taking the piss outa us.
Most people would say
My mother is really sick in hosptial, I have been there alot bla bla bla bla

Well, generally, I like to leave people the benefit of the doubt, at least on the first encounter of the person. But I guess you could call me naïve, or gullible, whichever one you prefer.

It's been almost 2 weeks, plenty of time to sort out a charge back - I am starting to have doubts as well. Thorny doesn't seem to be away either as he was on FWS just an hour ago.

I paid thorny for services of reseller hosting. He was great. He always answered my questions and I had no problems until this occurred. I am a currently in school which makes it hard for me to make payments and Thorny was easy on me for having late charges. Lately, I can't download my backups being at school and so when this happened, I haven't had at all very updated backups since I am always at school. I would personally pay it because I want my backups so I can move on and go, but I have very low on finances and as of now, my only some what form of income was my sites. This hits me hard. It seems like he was a great guy and perhaps he is going through a hard time. Sometimes, you can't jump to conclusions, but all I want is recent backups please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back