• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Billing Solution project

eSupun

Dear members of FWS,

We invite all developers and testers to join with us to make this project complete, successful billing solution. And also the public are invited to do reviews on our project.

No one has the copyright of this project, but our whole community. So there will be no limitations developing this project considering your own.

CS Squad got the responsibility to open our project in LaunchPad. Our project will be developed there. But the discussions goes here.

This is a Free and Open Source project. Anyone can develop it and discuss their improvements in this thread.

If i had forgot something to state in this thread, please reply me to do so.

Thank you.
eSupun

Last edited by a moderator:
Here will we develop a whole new thing, or we will work on Acc Lab Plus open source codes ?

we will fork out a branch from ALP.
so means we will use the ALP codes and develop it and enhance it with a new name.

By the way, I would like to suggest a name, hope everyone also will suggest a name so that we can vote on the names.

My 1st suggestion:
Eris
Reason: It is the 13th and currently last/furthest planet(including dwarf planets in this case) of our solar system. The orbit is usually far from the sun, and sometimes, it is nearer to the sun compare to Pluto and somewhere near Neptune's orbit.

This is just like ALP, it used to be used by quite a lot people, but then when Nettenbrg stop develop it, not much ppl is using it.
And now it has become opensource, if it is continue to develop and enhancing it, there will be more ppl using it again.
The situation is almost like how Eris orbit looks like. Used to be near to us, then further away from us, and now it come back close to us.

Last edited:
is this script in PHP? if it is, I will help you with development if you want my help ^_^

we will fork out a branch from ALP.
so means we will use the ALP codes and develop it and enhance it with a new name.

By the way, I would like to suggest a name, hope everyone also will suggest a name so that we can vote on the names.

My 1st suggestion:
Eris
Reason: It is the 10th planet(including dwarf planets in this case) of our solar system. The orbit is usually far from the sun, and sometimes, it is nearer to the sun compare to Pluto and somewhere near Neptune's orbit.

This is just like ALP, it used to be used by quite a lot people, but then when Nettenbrg stop develop it, not much ppl is using it.
And now it has become opensource, if it is continue to develop and enhancing it, there will be more ppl using it again.
The situation is almost like how Eris orbit looks like. Used to be near to us, then further away from us, and now it come back close to us.

I think it is really good.

Any more suggestions from anyone else? Or will we go with this name?

sarah[foxlass];1102945 said:
is this script in PHP? if it is, I will help you with development if you want my help ^_^

Of course it is a PHP script. You can join with us for sure. There will be no authority to keep you away from this project. Anyone can join us :)

To all members of FWS: This is a open invitation. So don't afraid to give us a hand.

i see one problem with this. there are tons of people here doing php. some may be beginners and some may be extra advanced. how do you expect the beginners to work with advanced developers code to integrate more into the system, and you cant expect advanced developers to dumb down their code, not use OOP and other good coding practices so that beginners can understand?

i see one problem with this. there are tons of people here doing php. some may be beginners and some may be extra advanced. how do you expect the beginners to work with advanced developers code to integrate more into the system, and you cant expect advanced developers to dumb down their code, not use OOP and other good coding practices so that beginners can understand?

Every update will be reviewed by advanced PHP coders. So there will be no worries. That's why we invited all people around here to join us. Sometimes a security hole ignored by a Advanced Coder, a junior coder will find it and fix it.(there is a possibility :D )

Anyway, we invite all the coders (Beginners to Advanced) to comment on each line they think like confused. So it would be a no problem.

Let's help each other and rock the WORLD! :D

About project management, we will have to go into a deep discussion later on.
there will be a lot of things to discuss about anyway
:)

but 1st, I think we have to give an identity to this project.
1st, we have to give it a name 1st...

So shall we start by suggesting a name for it and the vote on the names?

Eris seems pretty good.

Here are some of my suggestions. "Just thinking out loud ".

Dream Bill
easyHost
Account Lab Enhanced or Acc Lab +++

i would love to join the dev team, how can i??

just stick to this thread 1st.
there is no official formation of the project yet so far.
we are currently just discuss about the planning of the project now.
now we r suggesting name for this project

everyone, please suggest some names for this project.
once we get enough 10 names.
we shall make a poll to vote for the official project name

ok, 4 more names, then we shall start the poll
and any later additional can still be accepted.
i am going to make a polldaddy poll for this name voting.

* Eco Billing
* Epic Biller

no to epic because if it doesn't last long it will be an epic fail. I am willing to host your project on my server.

even though it is a conflict of interest i am all for a free billing program.

no to epic because if it doesn't last long it will be an epic fail. I am willing to host your project on my server.

even though it is a conflict of interest i am all for a free billing program.

lol, nice description on that name
lol
any thx for willing to be part of the project.
currently, i think the project hosting it is best to be hosted at launchpad as launchpad already have a very good project management system (thx to Canonical).
but the community forum, i think we can use ur hosting for it

Back