• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bluetooth headsets

Kratt

I've been thinking about getting a Bluetooth headset, as I have a new Bluetooth enabled Nokia phone. But then I haven't been able to find many up-to-date comparison reviews. I've read things about the newish Bluetooth 2 specification

my phone only supports 1.1, but is it worth getting a version 2 headset for the future? Or maybe I want to use my headset for Skype on the computer.

But I don't know what to look for and what features are necessary and what is hype.
:confused4

Not many people use bluetooth or Blackberries for that matter. On World News with Charles Gibson, we found out less than 10% of the world's population uses blackberries. I'm sure that bluetooth isn't any better.

Blue tooth would be a worth while purchase, if your phone can accept it. Your computers will work, home phones and cell phones may also work with the blue tooth technology, so its worth purchasing if you want an hands free way of using your phones.

As per the part about Blackberries please see the following:

The U.S. accounts for 3 million of the roughly 4 million Blackberry users globally. (Paragraph 10)

I don't know about you iyeru42, but 3 million blackberry users in the US out of
207.9 million Cell phone users which includes BlackBerry Users (paragraph 2)
That is alot of people using a blackberry.

As per Blue Tooth, almost every new phone that comes out is becoming setup for blue tooth so if thats what you want to use I say go for it :).

Last edited:
However, as ABC Reported, only 800,000 (or so, but that's a big estimate) are subscribed to Microsoft as using Blackberries.

Yea well RIM just sold lic to Microsoft for there windows live machines, lol so i would expect there mobile phones will also generate a lot of Black Berry customers, but your right in proportion lol there isn't a lot, but considering governments use them that is a big thing.

However, as ABC Reported, only 800,000 (or so, but that's a big estimate) are subscribed to Microsoft as using Blackberries.

I work for a local PCS company, and you're completely wrong. I mean, your number may be correct subscribing to Microsoft, but that in no way, determines the total amount of Blackberry users.

Blackberry is one of the most widely used PDA services in the nation. They are very, very popular. Our sales have almost quadrupled since our release of them about two years ago.

As for Bluetooth, Bluetooth is more than just about being used for headsets. You can send a receive media -to PC, -to another Bluetooth enabled handset, and the best reason to date, -Bluetooth can be used to use your handset as a modem for a laptop PC. Bluetooth is a technology, not just a headset.

This is why I prefer MACs and Linux machines, no expensive and overrated accessories.

You don't make sense.

Bluetooth is supported by MAC and Linux, aswell. Bluetooth is a type of frequency, not a physical device.

I think the OP was looking for a recommendation in which case any Plantronics compatible with your phone would be good, others may be cheaper but Plantronis do have a hostory of quality and personal experience work better than some others (better range too) :)

PS Bluetooth is just another wireless comms protocal short range.

If you want to try out bluetooth headsets, check out CompUSA (if there is one in your area). Every now and again, they have specials where a headset goes down to $10 or less.

Not sure if you realise this, but normall cell phones don't use Mac/Linux nor Windows...

I'd better tell 6 of the mobile phones I have that then, they're labouring under the impression they can!

:evilb: ( <= don't ever get rid of this lil guy :classic2: )

Should qualify that in that the software that comes from the manufacturers and 3rd party sources allow them to fully interact with my laptops and desktop machines, Windows and Linux so far haven't tried the Mac stuff as I only run one VM for that for fondness reasons :) and the file system :)

Last edited:
Back