• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Borders using dreamweaver

Can you mention one good point? I'll trade you two bad for each good. :D

Huh, why is your page framed? You don't use any of the features frames offer. You'll just get the disadvantages. :(

Originally posted by meow
Can you mention one good point? I'll trade you two bad for each good. :D

Huh, why is your page framed? You don't use any of the features frames offer. You'll just get the disadvantages. :(

Its framed because its easier than tables.

Originally posted by cheatpark
ok. I give in. I think frames suck and tables are too complicated.

It is not complicted!!!

For both frame and table are border =1

<table border =1>

<frameset border=1 ...>

You know, if you are learning you would do yourself a favour by just typing the code and leave the wizards for later. :)

Practice, a tutorial or book and a good reference...Point is, that those programs put out some messy code. It's hard for you to correct it if you don't know how.

I'm not anti WYSIWYG even if I don't like/use it myself. But I think they slows down and even prohibits the learning process. If one doesn't know of what a table consists and how it works one can use a table wizard for years and still have trouble to fine tune the output and correct the errors when something goes wrong.

Just my 2¢ :biggrin2:

I might make a site with lots of html and it tells you what it does (like a book). That would be a good source to revise from.

The way I learned HTML was just to check the source codes of otehr web sites. :D I would try out the codes on my small personal home pages and learn what they would do. Soon after that I began to remember the codes. It is just like learning a foreign language. Just practice over and over again. :)

For me, other than read other site.

I have a good book

HTML Quick Reference
ISBN :0-7897-0867-1
Robert Mullen

My one is the Chinese edition, it is cheaper to buy Chinese edition than Original one in Hong Kong, in HTML 3.2

How good it is?

It lists out all the tag and attrib. It is also clearly to display how the browser support condition.

It is good enough since the browsers have not supported HTML 4.0 well still.

Originally posted by andyLee
For me, other than read other site.

I have a good book

HTML Quick Reference
ISBN :0-7897-0867-1
Robert Mullen

My one is the Chinese edition, it is cheaper to buy Chinese edition than Original one in Hong Kong, in HTML 3.2

How good it is?

It lists out all the tag and attrib. It is also clearly to display how the browser support condition.

It is good enough since the browsers have not supported HTML 4.0 well still.

Thanks for that. Are there any really, really good sites though?

Tutorials I don't know. So much have changed so the same rules don't apply anymore. But for references I would suggest WDG, www.htmlhelp.com. They have very nice HTML4 and CSS1 references both online and for download. A little easier to read than "the real thing" at www.w3c.org.

Back