• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bulk registration - what are your cases?

SiberForum

Researching the clients, I would like to ask about such thing as bulk domain reg.

Do you often register more than one (two, three) domain at once? What is your personal purpose of this? Do you wanna trade the domains? or just to protect the business from cybersquatting? or maybe you have reverse - cybersquatting - experience yourself?

thanks in advance.

Registering one or two is not bulk as such, so those would be for either personal or business.

Bulk needs to be defined? 100 1,000 just 5 (not) I recently reg'd 2 of the same with different extensions but wouldn't say it was 'bulk'

If you 'Bulk' Register I would say you register many domains with the same root or core that will be desirable for others either now or in the future, otherwise there is no point,no market, no brainer :)

If I have got you correctly, the bulk reg is the thing everyone understands - many domains at once at usually lower costs. Certainly five or even ten is not often sold as the batch. For hosting business it is a common thing as there are options of domain reselling given at some providers and also for own trademark protection.

I think you need to clarify bulk registration. Do you mean registering like 6 or more? Or bulk as in registering hundreds in a short period of time for whatever reason.

I can understand registering a couple domains at a time for trademark reasons or potential expansion options- since many hosts do provide more than one choice of domain name from which to obtain a free subdomain. But registering more than the obvious trademark protecting and future expansion really serves no purpose other than to camp said domains and prevent their sale to others.

Do you often register more than one (two, three) domain at once? What is your personal purpose of this? Do you wanna trade the domains? or just to protect the business from cybersquatting? or maybe you have reverse - cybersquatting - experience yourself?

thanks in advance.

Are you referring to register all the domain extension (.com / .net / .org / .info, etc) of the domain name?

Some people register all the domain extension just to protect the brand name. Also, this is advised to do so to prevent the unnecessary cybersquatting. Of course, if you have budget to do so.

Case study like Google, Facebook and Yahoo have registered all the domain extension and also the acronym or any shortname that refers to their brand.

Google - g.com, google.org
Facebook - fb.com, face-book.com
Yahoo - y.com, yahoo.net

And others you might think of have already registered.

Bulk needs to be defined? 100 1,000 just 5 (not) I recently reg'd 2 of the same with different extensions but wouldn't say it was 'bulk'

Sorry for being inaccurate, I surely mean the real bulk - from, say, 50 to eternity.

I also would like to know about
EXBInt2010 said:
...register all the domain extension (.com / .net / .org / .info, etc) of the domain name?

Thanks for the replies and in advance for those who will participate here.

Yes, i do register domains in bulk. Mostly i will do register with Godaddy who will start an bulk registration offer every year beginning. Last year, i have did register so and worked on it to get high ranking for link building usage in my niche. Also, i have used it for link exchange. Mostly i will do register the domains with the mind of selling under request or demand of someone in the future. Always choose domain meaningful that worth for bid in near future.
Thanks.

Back