• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Burst.net Reviews?

T^2

[-]
NLC
I'm wondering if anybody can give me some insight into burst? I know they have had some issues in the past (a year or so ago?). How are they now in terms of reliability?

Thanks,

Tang

All of the latest reviews I have seen about them seem to conclude that their setup times are horrible.

Setup times are horrible, their uptime isn't impressive. Read their TOS and see just how screwed you really are when you're with them. Their uptime policy has so many clauses that pretty much rule out any chances of you being compensated for downtime.

Their support is alright, but I'm not fully impressed.

Expect 96 hour setup times, and depending on your connection speed you may get random 30 second outages or so... But if you have a problem, you submit a ticket and you get a response within minuites...

Going by my expirience, They used to be great for setup times usually done in the 24 hour mark but now the setup time is well over 3 days as was my server.

As to the servers being horrible and unreliable i have had nothing but good service from mines with burst having no downtime.

Going by my expirience, They used to be great for setup times usually done in the 24 hour mark but now the setup time is well over 3 days as was my server.

As to the servers being horrible and unreliable i have had nothing but good service from mines with burst having no downtime.
I agree with that.

I did have a server with Burst. I left quite a few months ago.

Setup time was great back then. Less than 24 hours, the price was good too. I was using this dedicated for development, not hosting anything important.

A fair few months ago, they had network problems, for the second time in 7 months. For around 2 weeks, my server, and many others, had terrible connections, it was packet loss. It made the server unbearable to operate.

Now, I would have stuck with them, but this was not the first time it had happened, about a day after my server has been setup, the same problem occurred for around 3 hours, and once again, it was not just me, it was most people’s server with them.

Not only that... But the random network restarts to drops. Sometimes down for over 20 seconds (The server stayed online for all that time, but the network (Entire client network) was down. This happened around every 2 hours, and lasted for around 2-20 seconds.

Not a biggy you might be saying, but considering I was in SSH running commands... Yes, it was a biggy for me.

Their TOS is insane... Read it VERY carefully, as they can manipulate it to whatever they want it to mean. If you do something they don't like (Like burst to max out the line, they won’t hesitate to enforce their sham TOS on you.

Overall. For a development server... They are not bad... Cheap. But for anything else (Reliable webhosting, game servers). I would not even consider it.

Considering the network (so some say) is even worse now... And the reason some people don’t notice it, is they are not in SSH, and it sometimes only lasts for 2-3 seconds...

Last edited:
And may i just add that you have to pay $50 re-instate fee if one of your servers goes down with them, we found out the hard way ;)

Considering the network (so some say) is even worse now... And the reason some people don’t notice it, is they are not in SSH, and it sometimes only lasts for 2-3 seconds...

May i just say how very correct you are, i bypassed any host this time when i bought a crappy 1.2 ghz server just for backups and using shell i would get disconnected every 2-3 minutes, it then started happening with one of my servers i bought from a reseller of BN, seems they are deffo going downhill and taking a fair few hosts with them!

And may i just add that you have to pay $50 re-instate fee if one of your servers goes down with them, we found out the hard way ;)

May i just say how very correct you are, i bypassed any host this time when i bought a crappy 1.2 ghz server just for backups and using shell i would get disconnected every 2-3 minutes, it then started happening with one of my servers i bought from a reseller of BN, seems they are deffo going downhill and taking a fair few hosts with them!

You had to pay 50$ because the server was taken down due to misuse...don't go around not touting the whole story.

Corazo, i was simply referring to exactly that, and you dont get any "real" notice about it, i suggest ya stop putting ya nose in and respond to the OP instead. On a side note;

Burst.Net used to be pretty decent, however it seems as though, now they have more and more customers, their staff team aint quite up to the job in hand, things are moving very slowly at burst!

Thorny i suggest you stop being arrogant towards members here, Corazu is indeed correct and burst were right to charge the $50

Yes indeed, i know they we're, i didnt deny the fact.... Just stick to the OP...

Yes you did...you said above that you didn't get any 'real' notice about it..which is a complete load of bull----. You had notice from the first time you did it, and the fee was waived since you didn't know about it then. You were then told about the fee and that it wouldn't be waived the next time

**Note that I am not referring to you since it's not you specifically who had the issue, but sine the three of you seem to take ownership of that side of the issue collectively, I group it together (Diri, Thorny and Jamie)

Anyway, you do have a good point, it was off-topic and irrelevant to the thread.

All I can say towards this is it seems like Burst is having a rough time with clients currently..Crissic and GR are both facing downtime and long support waits. I know GR is evaluating alternatives, hopefully Crissic is as well.

Please don't take this off topic..there are like 3 other threads that you can discuss GR in.

I have read all of those threads so I am aware of what has happened. I'm asking for MORE reviews.

Thanks,

Tang

They have a heck of a lot of die hard supporters and have done for years :) Like all hosts, they will have a glitch here and there but they are soon on top of it. From an observer's point of view, I would say they have stood the test of time and worth a try :)

Let's face it, you could do worse, much worse :D

reptx9.jpg

Nice, very nice...

I only told the truth, if you don't like it, please piss off :D

Back