• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Buying a Digital Camera

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hey everyone,

In recent years, I have been piggybacking on everyone's camera around me. Whether that be borrowing the camera, or having them send me the pictures. In recent months there has been an ever growing demand for occasions that would be well suited (and I would've loved to) have a memory of. Unfortunately I was left sitting there, and all I have is the memories.

Here is my criteria, and I want your opinions on the best camera suited for me.

1. It needs to be small and lightweight, I'd just like to have something I could fit in my pocket.
2. It needs to be under $200 CDN or around there (Very cheap price, but I'm not looking for a Nikon)
3. Needs to have a large LCD, tired of trying to judge a great picture by a .5 inch screen
4. Needs to take good pictures, take them fast, and easily focus.

I have a lot of experience with the Sony Cybershot. This is definitely a solid camera, but I find a good chunk of my pictures do not end up focusing even as they appear to on the LCD. It also takes a very long time to focus and take the picture. It's also quite a large camera.

Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited:
Your thread isn't as specific as mine. :) I also noticed hardly anyone posted, so I thought I'd bring it up again.

http://dpreview.com/ thats where i learn about all the features of a camera. I know I am a newbie here but asking for our advice is like asking Ford VS Chevy. Use the site listed and decide what suits your needs. If I were to suggest since I work with cameras I'd say either:
Fuji (draw back uses XD picture card format)
Canon SD series.

Not a problem,

I was getting them at $40 a camera, but my suppliers out, I then found Tiger having it at $70 so hey, worh showing for all :).

Personally, wouldn't recommend a screen that large, for reasons such as damage etc. You will need extra care, I had a camera like that, and had nothing but problems.

Care to elaborate? My friends Sony with the 2.5 inch LCD has been beautiful. Aside from that, the screen adjusts itself to be better seen in outdoor light! How cool is that.

Those canon cameras are very nice, I can vouch for that. The screens are fragile, yes, but just as fragile as they may be on any camera. Just make sure to keep the camera in a case, away from heavy objects or anything sharp or pretty much anything more rough than a pillow.

Kodak just reminds me of a kids camera, very simple, doesn't do much more than it needs to. I had a friend who had one of those Kodak $100 camera's (not that one) and it was piece of garbage, terrible pictures, way too big, tiny LCD, about 2 functions. I'd be apprehensive about buying a Kodak any more.

Back