• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye

Hmm... I really must move south then, here in Manchester it's fricking freezing, I'm up at 6:15 every morning and really find it difficult to get out of bed at the moment... it's so so cold!

Originally posted by xsnetwork
Hmm... I really must move south then, here in Manchester it's fricking freezing, I'm up at 6:15 every morning and really find it difficult to get out of bed at the moment... it's so so cold!
Well it's beter then here in Montreal, Canada. When I get up at 5am, I have to heat up all the place. The igloo wich I live in is so damn cold :confused2 Plus I have to feed the dogs and everything before I can leave to school, and it's like -47 degrees right now as I type... so consider yourself lucky...

Originally posted by xsnetwork

Hello,

I'm in the West Midlands area :)

A little off topic comment about Carl's reference to Global warming...

Britian, and most of that part of Europe will be so screwed. and I mean WILL.

It won't get warmer It will get colder.

great places, london and florida, I've already been at these places...but you can't compare them with each other...but keep in mind it's very cold in london this time of the year

Hello,

London is not in any way boring. Its a city not an entertainment entity. You can do quite a bit in London believe me.

In theiry, the summers should be getting warming and the winters colder..... that isn't quite happend yet here.... however give it time... probably have a late winter and no spring :biggrin2:

Originally posted by Wojtek
Well it's beter then here in Montreal, Canada. When I get up at 5am, I have to heat up all the place. The igloo wich I live in is so damn cold :confused2 Plus I have to feed the dogs and everything before I can leave to school, and it's like -47 degrees right now as I type... so consider yourself lucky...

Just get an Athlon XP computer and you'll be warm for awhile. :D

Originally posted by MN-Carl

In theiry, the summers should be getting warming and the winters colder..... that isn't quite happend yet here.... however give it time... probably have a late winter and no spring :biggrin2:

not sure whuch theory you are subscribing to (or is a theiry different?)

As the polar ice caps melt, the waters of the oceans become less salty. This is particulary important when it comes to the atlantic; This is where the gulf stream is. The gulf stream, which is a big warm ocean current supplies much of the warmth to europe. This current is what makes Northern Europe about 10 degrees warmer than comparable latitudes elsewhere.

So, in short the cold, fresh water will either block the convection currents that produce the gulf stream, or move them south.

The result would be a cold western and northern europe. Maybe the Winter Olympics will be held in Cornwall someday ;)

Back