• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can anybody host me?

makk551

Hi,

I am (once again ;) ) looking for a free. Since during the past 3 years the situation to find a good free hosts quickly easily has become worse and worse (yes, I mean the this new trend of everyone requirering forum posts ...), I now decided to ask the hosts ( or anybody else that could host me) directly.

So enough of talking. Here is what I am looking for:
  • subdomain host
  • 20-50 mb of space
  • 1-3 gb of bandwith
  • php
  • mysql
  • ftp

Well, you probably wanna know, what my site is about. SO here you go:
The page, is the page of my online gaming clan grook. We are a German multigaming clan and exists since about the august of 2000. Now I am looking for a reliable hosts that could host us. The page is (obviously) in German. It is based on a cms, that contains news scripts, a forum and so on. But it's probably best if you make a picture yourself: www.grook.tk.

As a return for you hosting us, we could put a 88*31 banner on every page or a text link back toyour page, further advertising your service also among the german speaking community.

I hope, that someone is gonna be able to host me and I would really apreciate it.

Thanks in advance
brot`grook ;)

I mean the this new trend of everyone requirering forum posts ...
We were the first to ask for forum posts
a number of years ago and a lot of
hosts have lately started to follow
along the same lines probably because
they too realize the advantages of it.

There is a lot of reason behind the
posting requirements and it is actually
to your own benefit. It allows hosting
providers to sort out which members
are serious and would be good hosting
candidates while also telling which ones
aren't worth the effort or the server
resources. It also regulates the flow
of signups so the new applicants do not
outpace the growth and upgrade rates
of the hosting service.

You'll find pretty much consistently that
the most stable and fastest performing
hosts are the ones that require posting
in some kind of forum.

Those that don't usually don't live too
long unless they've implemented some
other kind of population control.

Personally, I'd be looking for a host
that requires posting.

Last edited:
Originally posted by makk551
Hi,

I am (once again ;) ) looking for a free. Since during the past 3 years the situation to find a good free hosts quickly easily has become worse and worse (yes, I mean the this new trend of everyone requirering forum posts ...), I now decided to ask the hosts ( or anybody else that could host me) directly.

So enough of talking. Here is what I am looking for:
  • subdomain host
  • 20-50 mb of space
  • 1-3 gb of bandwith
  • php
  • mysql
  • ftp

Well, you probably wanna know, what my site is about. SO here you go:
The page, is the page of my online gaming clan grook. We are a German multigaming clan and exists since about the august of 2000. Now I am looking for a reliable hosts that could host us. The page is (obviously) in German. It is based on a cms, that contains news scripts, a forum and so on. But it's probably best if you make a picture yourself: www.grook.tk.

As a return for you hosting us, we could put a 88*31 banner on every page or a text link back toyour page, further advertising your service also among the german speaking community.

I hope, that someone is gonna be able to host me and I would really apreciate it.

Thanks in advance
brot`grook ;)
www.moonfreehost.com
You will start from 20mb space and 400mb bandwith. You can request more once you exceed them.

Originally posted by amz
We were the first to ask for forum posts
a number of years ago and a lot of
hosts have lately started to follow
along the same lines probably because
they too realize the advantages of it.

There is a lot of reason behind the
posting requirements and it is actually
to your own benefit. It allows hosting
providers to sort out which members
are serious and would be good hosting
candidates while also telling which ones
aren't worth the effort or the server
resources. It also regulates the flow
of signups so the new applicants do not
outpace the growth and upgrade rates
of the hosting service.

You'll find pretty much consistently that
the most stable and fastest performing
hosts are the ones that require posting
in some kind of forum.

Those that don't usually don't live too
long unless they've implemented some
other kind of population control.

Personally, I'd be looking for a host
that requires posting.

amz, I know your service, I think since you started to introduce the post quota, and I thougth of it pretty good until i saw you only allowed site in eglish, which unfortuantly for me as a german, makes your offer pretty useless ;(

anyways, i know you were the first to introduce it, and i also know what arguments you bring forward for it, but i personally don't like and would prefer a good plain old pop-up to these post quotas. Even think sometimes these quotas are just a try to force a community into being ...

anyways ... i remember the rewars you gave for the quotas were (Are still?) pretty good (like dns ...), but some offer requiring quotas are in my view just outrageous. i know, i not forced to use that service then, but what can i do if there-s no other good host around.

what i mainly wanted to say with the my first post was, that i miss the good old host offering 30mb space, 1 gb bw, php/mysql and ftp all with instant activation.

but i guess these times are over :(

Back