• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can anyone install python for me?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jali

Hello i recently purchased a dedicated server but didnt realise there was no python installed on it. So i need it installing.. If anyone could install python for me i would much appreciate it!. I would do it myself but i only really no the basics of using SSH.
If you can install this for me please add me onto msn messenger:

myth_4eva@hotmail.com

The server spec is:

Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
1GB DDR 2 Ram
250GB Sata HDD
Fedora Core 4 OS
100Mbit dedicated connection

hi satan thanks for your reply.. i dont suppose you could do it for me as i have very little knowlage about SSH.. i no very basics.

Thanks

Not intended at Satan, but I will say to the OP, be very VERY careful who you give root access to your server. You can never be too careful these days.
My suggestion to you is to contact your server provider and ask them to do it for you.

Thanks for your concern.. I have contacted my provider and unfortunatly its un managed so they dont deal with software issues..

Thanks for your concern.. I have contacted my provider and unfortunatly its un managed so they dont deal with software issues..

Honestly bud, if you don't know about web servers, then Unmanaged packages are not for you. How much extra do they charge to manage the server for you? Some providers are very reasonable with this.

I can only send you an echeque on paypal for $20 as i dont have funds in my paypal at present it would take 7 days to clear!.. P/m if thats ok..

save yourself hassel of someone possibly installing dodgy stuff on your box and paste this in ssh yum install python not meaning no offence to craig

I'll install it for free, give me a pm bell :)

It's not nice to see members charge 20$ for something so easy o_O

Why not buy a single month of someone like Platuinum Server Management for $29? They would also harden the box, and do pretty much anything else you need during that month. Worth it if you don't know about server management, and you can trust them not to do anything underhanded.

At the end of the month, cancel and change the root pass if you don't need them anymore.

I'll install it for free, give me a pm bell :)

It's not nice to see members charge 20$ for something so easy o_O

I don't see why, my time is limited & I put my offer on the table. It is up to the OP to take up these services. Am not making him choose my offer.

As others have said, your dealing with someones server, if something goes wrong will you know how to fix it? etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back