• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can Playstation 2 Play SACDs?

Conscript

NLC
NLC
I wanna buy Dredg's El Cielo album in SACD format cause its just awesome but my home theather system doesn't play SACDs, though I do have a PS2 that is gathering dust...

:-( I wanna know for sure though. My brother has a Sony dvd player and it does SACD, but one of my friends does too and it doesn't. I wanna play SACDs *cries*

I got the regular CD. I burned it from Rhapsody (www.listen.com). I really want the 5.1 surround sound though, I imagine they sound really good with it because they use things in their music most other bands don't.

Alternativley, does anyone know of something that will convert SACD's to DVD-A's or some other format that is widley playable while preserving the 5.1 nature of the recording?

I don't think PS2 plays anything BUT DVD/CD. I have never gotten VCDs or other formats to work.

My friend has an XBOX, he claims it doesn't play SACD's either.

I wonder if there is a way to convert SACD's into DVD-A's which would let me preserve the 5.1 sound. So frustrating.

Back