• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can't View Own User Notes Link

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
When going here: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/usernote.php?u=9151

Which is my own User Notes link, I cannot view them. I see I have 2 user notes.

CoffeeMonster, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

No one can, I have 1 i cant view... I suppose only staff can view them :S

I'm not sure what the purpose is, so I might have the wrong settings in vB. My understanding of this feature is that member A can write a note about member B. This is for member A:s private use and not for anyone else to see. Or what's your thoughts on this?

I'm not sure what the purpose is, so I might have the wrong settings in vB. My understanding of this feature is that member A can write a note about member B. This is for member A:s private use and not for anyone else to see. Or what's your thoughts on this?

That is correct. Notes are not for public and that is the same for other vBuletin boards I have ever visited

I would like to be able to read mine but in all honesty i could care less about my notes. since nlc can add them its probably posted by an nlc.

whats the point in being able to post a note about a user if the user or even the person posting the note cant see it???
Huh? :S I am confused.

If someone can't see it, why should we write user notes? :-/

Maybe it's for writing when we are boring :p
Otherwise what is the purpose of it?

I guess the idea is you can write a note about another user. This to remind yourself about something about that user. That's why it's called user notes.

We can't make the notes public now, sice many might have used it as I described above. I beleive I have used default settings in vB and not changed anything.

I guess the idea is you can write a note about another user. This to remind yourself about something about that user. That's why it's called user notes.

We can't make the notes public now, sice many might have used it as I described above. I beleive I have used default settings in vB and not changed anything.

But why can't we see something we posted before?

If we wrote something to make a reminder, at least we need to see that. Otherwise no need of it.

Yeah, apparently this feature is not working as I thought it did. And I'm still not completely sure what the purpose is. There is no setting to allow users to view notes they have written themselves.

It's a weird feature most people have ignored for good reason.

Back