• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

capture card help

lucid

Hi. I bought a firewire PCI card today, and the guy told me it was a video capture card, which is fine. When I got home I read the information and all it seems to refer to is how to tranfer video from a DV Camcorder. All I want is to be able to get images from a normal video cassette, and I'm not sure whether this is will work or not. I don't want to install the card in case I have to take it back.

On the cover it says

"Add three additional 400Mbps Firewire ports"
"Capture digital video on your PC and edit with included MGI sofware"
"Trabsfer large multimedia files seamlessly between DV Camcorders, music synthesizers, drives, and other peripherals, and your PC"

Do you think this will work, or will I need a DV camcorder?

If you need any more info just ask. I'm not at all knowledgeable when it comes to hardware :confused:

I'd appreciate any help/info.

sounds like it won't work unless your vidieo has a digital out. you want something with PAL (or whatever it is where you are) input

Back