• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheap hosting

TehDeuce

I'm looking into some cheap hosting for personal use, and I'm wondering, can anyone offer me a better deal than this (the cheapest plan): http://apt-hosting.net/compare_plans.shtml

The most important parts are:
Cheap ($2.95 U.S.)
Lot's of web space (5 Gb)
Lot's of bandwidth (50 Gb)
Quick Email Support
Online Tech Support
Online Control Panels
Directory Protection
Apache
PHP 4.1.3
mySQL/phpMyadmin
Perl 5

Anything else is nice, but not necessary. Are there any plans that would do more than this, or is this the best I'm going to get?

I'd personally say for that price, you're going to be looking at a pretty unreliable host. In most cases you should raise the bar on the price a bit. 5gb of space and 50gb of bandwidth for $2.95 is a pretty rediculous price, but it all depends on what you feel is best for you. :)

I'm doing some research about apt-hosting and so far it looks pretty good. I would be willing to chip out some extra for reliability though.
Edit-It appears to be pretty well maintained as well, as they claim "99.5% Server Uptime".

Last edited:
Yeah, don't go with that host. For 5 gb space you should be paying $10 monthly at the very least. If your willing to pay a bit more or get a little less space, send me a pm.

WW-Hosting said:
Yeah, don't go with that host. For 5 gb space you should be paying $10 monthly at the very least. If your willing to pay a bit more or get a little less space, send me a pm.
I fail to see your logic here. They're offering me something for much cheaper than you, so I shouldn't take theirs? The servers appear to be very well maintained, and it has been recommended to me by someone I trust.

But, I'm open to reason. If you can show me why your host is more reliable than theirs, I'll go with it. I'm willing to pay a bit extra, but I would rather not.

No, Im not asking you to go with my host, here is what I am saying. I could be wrong but Im just assuming.

EX:
Server Cost: $109 (80GB HDD, fully managed and cheap)
Plan Cost: $3 (5GB Space)

After everything is taken out you have about 73 gigs space so you can create 14-15 5 GB accounts. 15 x 3 = $45 monthly. It just doesn't add up so they are losing tons of money every month.

I could be completely wrong on this so go with whatever you feel! Dont let me change your decision.

Whos knows, this site could be getting quality, dirt cheap servers so just go with whatever you would like! They seem to look pretty professional so...yeah.

--
Best Regards,
Josh Shrader

http://ww-hosting.com

Last edited:
well... calculating based-on space and bandwidth is just one factor. The more important thing is serverload. If you are going to sell too cheap, you will need to put more and more accounts on one server, then it's going to overload, and your site will be unstable

TehDeuce, if you have been recommended by someone you trust, you can go with that host, but sorry, I am on the side with TDLInternet and WW-hosting :)

agreed with TDLInternet and WW-hosting.
a solid host also needs to incur other business related costs:
- customer service and support
- security
- billing
- legal
amongst others... if these measures aren't taken into consideration, a host can disappear very easily.

Now I can see why apt-hosting is cheap. Their sharded servers run on 1.2gHz P3's! That's extremely bad for a hosting provider. I almost guarantee you will get very slow hosting speeds. I can almost assume that apt-hosting overseels their system resoruces. Meaning you can pay for 5GB, but you might not get that much. My company offers 1GB for $3.50/mo, and I find that pretty cheap. This place also offers 30GB for 11$/mo. I pay that much for 5GB!

just saying about hardware: P3 is not a bad hardware actually. It's only bad when you are overselling server, and it's correct even with Dual Xeon or Dual Opteron boxes :) We still have some P3 boxes like Dual P3 733 with SCSI, and it's flying

I would just like to come to the defence of my company. The reason we can offer large plans for low prices is becuase we own our servers we do not rent them. We only have to pay rent in a data center and for bandwidth which we got a great deal on both. We will NOT oversell our servers because we know the limitations of each one and we do not want them going down.

Thank You

We're just saying, that without the knowledge, we can only guess at that.

Take into account any limitations you may have based on the ToS. They could be limiting size of files..

Regards,

Custom Plan:

5GB of Diskspace
50GB Transfer
--------------------------------------------------------
Control Panel- Yes, cPanel.
Fantastico- Yes, free of charge.
Add-on domains- Unlimited
Sub-domains- Unlimited
Web based email- Yes
Pop3/IMAP Accounts- Unlimited
Server Side Include- Yes
Backup/Restore- Yes
Web Logs and Reports- Yes
FTP Accounts- Unlimited
Frontpage 2002- Yes
Perl, CGI- Yes
PHP 4.2.1- Yes
MySql Databases- Unlimited
phpMyAdmin- Yes
Directory Protection- Yes
Mailing List- Yes
FTP Log Analyzer- Yes
SMPT Server- Yes

Cost- $7.00 Monthly

We have genuine intel servers-Very fast!

Email me at sales@havokcreations.com

Or talk to me on MSN at sales@havokcreations.com

We will set you up right away!

Back