• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cheap reseller needed

Couple of points, if a drive is in the terabyte range it's either RAID or appended space, so it's not a drive, so that might have confused. It's more normal to use a NAS for that amount of storage space and more likely not to crumble. I'd hate the job of recovering that if it's not being backed up to a DLT drive or similar. Either way renting that equiment would easily hit upwards of $1000/month and the admin of that kit is not basic level.

Second, It is not a good idea to have that amount on a webserver for the obvious reason that once filled if everyone expects what they pay for and use it it's very likely to be pretty active sites. Unless nothing more than plain HTML is allowed the server load will go through the roof even on quad CPU systems.

A bit off the reseller topic, but I'm torn between jb-hoster and jc-host ($1 hosting plans) and now they are the same person?!? Are either of these worth the risk? (my first paid hosting)

What is wrong if someone puts you on a slow server? I have an Intel Pentium 2.0 Ghz server and I put only a bit of users on the server while those with fast servers are putting a few hundreds of users on their super fast Xeon.

Calculation:
2.oGhz/40 users= 50mhz average
Dual Xeon 2.0Ghz/100users= 20mhz?

And if a server ever fulls/exceeds 300 GB of space per harddisk then it will slow down the server till a crawl.

Don't quite know where that came into the thread :confused4

There's a lot more to working out server load than that though, concurrent use, scripts, cron, backups, monitors and a load more.

A well admin'd server can support more users adaquately, after all you wouldn't light a fire in a forest then walk away and leave it to look after itself :biggrin2:

Vespacious said:
Dear,

I think Jbhost is seriously overselling his servers ;).
Or running celerons at managed:).

I was quoting the above where he says that he runs a celeron.

Back