• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheapest foreign domain...

.tj was $25 but for some reason they aren't registering new domains (just in case you run across that one, you can cross it off the list for the time being).

I ran across .tj a year ago and it said that new .tj registrations were "temporarily suspended"... Should be available in "about two weeks". That obviously never came to be.

Dammit I just went through every foreign registry there is and I didn't think to write down the prices and put them up somewhere...

Several are under $20, just can't remember which ones... Cheapest one I can recall right now is HM for $29.95 @ http://www.registry.hm/

Alldomains.com doesn't have very good information and overcharges for the domains they register...

[Edited by Woofcat on 01-21-2001 at 04:43 PM]

I think I've been to AllDomains before and, if I remember correctly, they tack a "registration fee" on top of the domain registrar cost. Just to do something that you can do yourself for free.

Also, if I remember correctly, .ru domains (the top level) are $25.00, unless they raised them recently.

You can get .co.uk's for under $20 .... I resell .co.uk for $19 .. UKReg sell them for about $15 same as most other .co.uk registrars..

Originally posted by Mandrake
I ran across .tj a year ago and it said that new .tj registrations were "temporarily suspended"... Should be available in "about two weeks". That obviously never came to be.

I wasn't aware it had been that long, HA! I recently created an account there in case I was going to register one hee hee... deletes that info...

I guess it is too much trouble to just put something on the site that says, enter your email address and we'll notify you when/if registration returns???

Originally posted by Chicken
.tj was $25 but for some reason they aren't registering new domains (just in case you run across that one, you can cross it off the list for the time being).

bah. the .tj registry conned me out of $33... i stay away from them.

Originally posted by robin
Originally posted by Chicken

bah. the .tj registry conned me out of $33... i stay away from them.

How did they do that?

I bought two domains from them, a .tj and a .com.tj, and paid with my credit card. I got a payment confirmation and everything. Well after that, they wouldn't let me use the domains and kept sending me invoices, claiming that the domains were unpaid. I sent several messages to the appropriate person there, with the payment confirmation and whatnot, and got no reply. This was right about the time that they had to fire some guy for embezzling from the company... heh. I eventually just gave up.

I bought a couple of .com.tj's from them, about a year ago, and paid with money order... No problems and they've worked.

Originally posted by Mandrake
I bought a couple of .com.tj's from them, about a year ago, and paid with money order... No problems and they've worked.

Hmm. Perhaps they just hate me. :)

Back