• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

chipset question

deathdemon321

hey i just had a new motherboard installed in my computer and i was told i should reinstall the os because the motherboard has a new chipset...is this essential or just recommeneded?

(normally reinstalling os is just a pain but for me, i got my os in bulk so i have niether disk or license #)

it really depends. On some computers, I have to reinstall Windows XP, but I would recommend a fresh install to clean up the drivers no longer being utilized.

I would agree w/Robert, not only because its nice to scrub down some drivers, but now is a great time for a reformat. And windows PC's tend to need that about as often as you change your oil.

okay ty for that, i was just getting a second opinion (or a third opinion if you count those guys at the computers store),i think i'll try just installing all the drivers for the motherboard then doing a tune-up and the like......if that doesn't work i'll have to dig into my savings and get an os lol, when ur in highschool u only got so much cash :p

Unless you work at a computer store, most of them pay good. Then your not a poor teenager, and you have easy access to everything tech!

</my brag>

Back